Weight bearing from beginning with broken ankle

Posted , 3 users are following.

I broke my tibia and fibula 4 weeks ago. At the E.R. they gave me an air cast boot and said to wear it only when walking. So I've been walking around at home only. No surgery needed according to surgeon. But is it common to never quit walking after two broken bones? I know it's controversial about all of this. I do feel that it's healing slowly...but is a walking boot normal for walking out of E.R. and going home to walk on it right away?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Ive never heard that you can wb straight away i broke my ankle that required surgery and was non wb for 6weeks then when i transfered to a walking boot it was still 2 weeks partial wb . Everyone heals differently though so good luck .

• Posted

Wow hows the pain? Seems crazy they would let you walk on it so soon! Have you seen a dr since?

Good LUCK!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.