Weight Crisis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I used to be anorexic, which followed with Bulimia.  I am now more or less a normal eater, but because of my suffering of anorexia I started the Peri-Menaupause at the age of 35.  I have a disability and am unable to exercise enough to lose the weight that I want.  I have just got back on H.R.T. again which has caused in particular, my breasts to swell.  I'm going to be frank and honest by asking if there are any slimming tablets that I could take via over the counter or prescription.  I am comming up to 40 and am at crisis point with my weight.  Any quick fixes please??  I know all the long ways around to loosing weight, but, as I said - THIS IS A CRISIS - HELP  bumbumhere - and a smile for you all!! :-)

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are suffering so much, it's not an easy time of life is it . 

With the weight I'm afraid there are no quick fixes but with sensible eating & time the weight will come off & will also help with menopause symptoms.

I put on 3 stone (I also gave up smoking ) & am now on a strict diet as my joints were in agony carrying the extra weight. It takes a while for the weight to shift but it does go, I have lost 17lbs so far just eating salads & fruit, no cake no chocolate, lots of green tea (zero calories) But try not to worry too much (easy to say I know) but your body is going through a lot at the moment so treat it kindly & please please don't resort to pills. Take care xx

• Posted

Hi I am 44 and started my menopause at bout 39/40 but was missed so much going on in life I thought was stress but two years ago I started putting on weight and couldn't lose it I have had bulimia so really got me down to point of taking laxatives but even that didn't work and having a 14 yr old daughter I went back to Drs and got referred to gynaecologist who put me on estrogen HRT patches only and fitted aMirena coil in February I had never had a coil and had to be taken in hospital and put under to fit it was so scared but I bleed for six weeks after having it fitted and haven't bleed for over four years but felt better and stopped gaining weight so I started a diet drop away capsules in April this year and have lost two stone still another 1 1/2 to go but feel so much better and in control I really tried everything to lose weight but didn't work till I had aMirena fitted it doesn't have to be changed for four years and I don't know I've got it I have no more hot sweats no more mood swings cause I'm happier with how I look my confidence is coming back hope this helped xxx
  • Posted

Sorry you are feeling this way. There is no magic pill that will help you lose wight. You just have to eat healthy and eat little meals not big ones. Drink plenty of water. Stay away from fast foods eat fruit, vegtables, fish and chicken. Stay away from pop that will put on the weight. Eat smaller amounts 

If you need help to exercise look on line to see who can help you with your exercises. There are trainers who will help people who have a disability to exercise. Go to a gym and see if they have any trainers who can help you. 

Hope everything works out okay for you

• Posted

Hello buanmbum!

I like your name. So I don't have anorexia, but I do have a mental illness (melancholic depression) and I noticed there is an increase in obsessive thoughts. I just read on line that anorexia and obsessive thinking or OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) might be linked, or might be the same thing, actually. 

When I have successfully treated my menopause symptoms, my obsessive thoughts go away. (Like thinking I have to lose weight etc.). Also, I don't gain weight because the anxiety eating goes away!!

So, I suggest you seek try to treat your menopause symptoms. Julie, in the comments here, suggests a Mirena coil, and that might work for you. A lot of ladies use a supplement called Menopace, and that might really help. If your periods are heavy-ish, or even if they are not, make sure to have your blood iron level checked. I have found even a bit of anemia (low blood iron) to have really bad effects on my mental health, it really caused a lot of obssessive thoughts. I use progesterone cream daily, although it is controversial, might increase chances for cancer (but it depends on the study and how long you use it for). 

I wish you the best, honey, and never stop looking for answers. I suggest you try to focus on achieving inner peace rather than weight loss, I think the weight loss comes with it! And I haven't gained weight since I started looking for health answers, so I really do think this is the way to go. 

• Posted

I am new to this group, although I use other forums.  The replies came back very quick which I really appreciated.  In amongst all 'my other ailments' I struggle with 'Social Anxiety' so I have found these Forums to be of great benefit.  Having said this, I haven't been able open up on things that I wish I could; but have found it a comfort to know that I am not alone via reading other people's posts within the Forums appropriate to me. These sites are important, and we need to keep them going.  I am pleased to be a member of this group.  I have more to read for now, so thank you once again for now.  And ....A SMILE FOR YOU ALL!  :-) bumbumhere  - Have just realized that I've typed in the wrong box.    
  • Posted

Oh, Dear!  That HRT has to be checked. Is it bioidentical?

About the weight & fat... there are some amino-acids that combined clear the liver: 

Methionine, Inositol & Choline, MIC for short.  They are healthy susbstances not drugs but please don't OCD on anything because that's the problem. 

Take care Bumbum!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.