Weight depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, 

I've been depressed lately with my weight..  I'm 13 years old and I have chunk at my stomach but more likely intestines..  I really need to loose it in 3 days.  Is there anything I can do fast??  I weigh about 118 - 120.  I'm not sure because last time I checked I was 104.  But that was a year ago..  I know I have been doing like 20 jumping jacks.  Some crunches some leg raises.  But today looks like I've gained eeight?  I don't understand..  I eat less everyday plus exercise so this is confusing..  And I'm trying my hardest..  Help?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

DEAR DELILAH,

IF YOU GAIN MUSCLE IT WILL WEIGH MORE THAN FAT, SO PLEASE DON'T WORRY TOO MUCH...

I AM SURE THAT YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY FINE.... I THINK THAT EVERY FEMALE WORRIES ABOUT, I AM 61 PROBABLY IN THE OLDIES! TO YOU,CAN YOUR TALK TO YOUR MUM OR ANY ELSE?

I really am sure that you are a beautiful, well toned young lady, ( WE ALL

HAVE A LITTLE TUM )

I WISH YOU SO MUCH HAPPINESS AND FUN ( PS. I HAVE A DAUGHTER

WHO WAS, AND SOMETIMES STILL IS EXACTLY THE SAME )...

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES.. BEST WISHES TO YOU DEIRDRE XX

• Posted

Hi I think you are far too young to be trying to diet!   At your age you need good nutrition and to be healthy and that is the most important thing.  Please don't try and cut back on food without speaking to a parent,  another family member or a trusted teacher.   You don't sound overweight to me but don't forget at your age your body is changing all the time and it is best to wait a few years and you might find you will level out.   

I am old too - 60 -  and I get very concerned at how body conscious young people (especially girls)  can be and the last thing you need to be doing is giving yourself an eating disorder.  Easy to do but difficult to overcome.   So seek out an adult you can trust and discuss this with them please.  x

• Posted

Very good comment Hypercat.

Delilah.. please take note... wisdom unfortunately only comes

With hindsight.. I had a severe eating disorder for very many

Years... please as Hypercat suggested talk to an adult that you

Trust, hopefully your mum or your GP... you are a young lady.

( and I am sure a beautiful one ) your body is changing every single day... if you feel that you really must slim then please at the least have a word with your practice nurse, she will be able and happy to advise you on healthy eating....

Please take care, very best wishes to you, DEIRDRE Anne xx

• Posted

Thank you Deirdre Anne for your kind remarks and also for sharing your wisdom.   

I know it is easy to dismiss what us oldies say Delilah but we do know a few things you know.   

Unfortnately we live in an age where appearance is considered the be all and end all of everything and it is easy for people especially women to be judged purely on their looks and body size.  I understand the pressure you are under but good health is the most important gift you can have so please do what you can to preserve yours.  Take care.

Bev xx

• Posted

Eating less doesn't make you lose weight. It's about fuelling your body properly. Three meals and two healthy snacks and lots of water to drink will fuel you properly. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.