Weight Gain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started taking Orlistat just over a week ago and I'm sticking to the rules very carefully as I work on a supermarket checkout and can't get to the loo in a hurry, so need to avoid the side effects if possible. I have never had much fat in my diet but have cut back on what I had, don't eat sweet stuff and walk the dog regularly every day. I got weighed today and I've put on 3 lb's. Surely this can't be right. That's more than I ever put on in a week before I went on Orlistat. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else gained weight in their first week?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

[color=darkblue:da2e9eebd7][/color:da2e9eebd7][b:da2e9eebd7]

annie, Ive been on orlistat just over a week and have lost a few pounds and feel great. are you keeping a daily food log of calories and fat per meal, per day? this may help you find where the calories are from, cos we are what we eat.It also helps you say no to those nice but naughty foods. logs and info on xenical website[/b:da2e9eebd7]

• Posted

I have on average around 24 gms of fat a day and around 1200 calories. I eat more fruit and veg than anything and, yes, I keep a food diary and I certainly don't cheat. I had one meal in my first week which exceeded 12 gms of fat (it actually contained 13.9gms) and believe me I suffered side effects, so I wouldn't dare do that again. In my second week I lost 4lbs so my overall loss was 1lb. I'm now half way through my third week and I've put on 1 1/2 lbs. I'm determined to see the full month out with the tablets but I really don't think they are helping me.
  • Posted

Hi annie, just wondered how it is going with you. I lost 3lb the first week and stayed the same this week. Its a struggle!!! even when being good.

Px

• Posted

Only got enough tablets left to take me through until Saturday and then I go back to the doctors. Won't be asking for any more. I'm frightened of eating too much of the wrong thing and suffering side effects so now hardly eat anything at all and in just short of four weeks I've lost 1 lb. On what I've eaten in the last four weeks I should have lost about a stone! I wish luck to anyone that it works for, but it's obviously not right for me.

Annie sad

• Posted

I've stopped using my home scales cos depending on how you lean affects your weight! I've just started using the electronic scales in our local Tesco and I think I've put a couple of pounds on! I have been so good on this diet so it's a bit depressing, I'm half hoping it might be down to hormonal imbalance die to the menapause! I shall weigh my self again on Friday and just hope it's looking better!

Jann

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.