Weight gain 15mg.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone noticed weight gain on higher does than 10mg? I recently went from 10 to 15mg and cant seem to shake the 4lbs ive put on since!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes.. I stuck with Escitalopram as it's supposed to have the least side effects but I've put on 10kg in about a year. So hard to lose too. i can drop a kilo but then it stops dead and I can't drop anymore

• Posted

HI teena,

I am an anxiety recoverer but been on citalopram and escitolapram and both caused me to gain up to 5kgs. I have been meds free for 14 months this time but still have difficulty keeping my weight under control.

i find cutting carbs right down ,only allow myself one slice of bread ie 20 mgs max ,eating plenty of vegetables and some fruit really helps. I am currently weening off ice cream and bisvuits after the CHRISTMAS binge!

Dont diet just try to make healthy choices of food, and drink plenty of water. HOPE THIS HELPS?

• Posted

Yeah, im really trying to cut down on carbs not easy though! i have low blood sugar so its a constant battle.

• Posted

By the way i was on 20mgs of escitalopram.

• Posted

I am on 15mg too.. now that I think about it.. I didn't put on weight for the first year but I was only on 10mg then...so possibly it's the 15mg that's doing it... I was blaming my other med..but maybe not

• Posted

I'm feeling really good at 15mg so im going to really try and not gain anymore!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.