weight gain

Posted , 30 users are following.

I am on seretide once in the morning and night and sabutomol when needed. I wos put on singulair a couple of months ago and had side effects so came off it. I have had asthma for about 4 months now and i have put half a stone on and can not shift any weight at all since going on seretide. I know it is supposed to go into ur lungs but sum of it does distribute into ur body. Does any 1 else have a problem with their weight. x

5 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had the cough and chest that's currently going round. My GP recommended I continue with the Seritide 125 morning and evening and 4-6  puffs 2-4 times a day to help with symptoms. This was on Friday some 4 days later I've put on 2 lbs 😒. Would have hoped to have felt better than I do as still coughing but really but fed up with weight gains as have recently lost over 1 st. Any other suggestions for getting rid of the cough and runny nose ( no real catarrh to talk of) ? Th
  • Posted

Hi,

​I've had the same and progressively getting worse.  Finally found out  what's causing it; which may be the same for others with similar symptoms....NAFLD, hiatus hernia, asthma, just some of my diagnsis which may be relevant for you to get checked out if not already.  Especially liver function tests for Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease.  Do you have any itching...especially at night? this is one of the symptoms besides the inability to lose weight even when eating a calorie controled diet.  a lot of medicines such as steroids are metabolised in the liver, if it's not healthy then inflammation will occur.

• Posted

Hallo Janet 

I think I got the same problem as you have 

I am going to see the dr. and tell her that I want to get of the flixotide 

• Posted

Yes I have a problem with putting weight on  It also could be that I stopped smoking At some stage I put on

nearly a stone It could be the flixotide or what/ 

Not good It has to come of an other thing I dont know where it comes from ???????I don,t eat much do the exercises etc etc 

So if it is any help  the only thing  is to try and find out about corticostrol in

aLL THE BEST 

nELLEBELLEseretide 

Probably not much help? 

• Posted

Yes I have a problem with putting weight on  It also could be that I stopped smoking At some stage I put on

nearly a stone It could be the flixotide or what/ 

Not good It has to come of an other thing I dont know where it comes from ???????I don,t eat much do the exercises etc etc 

So if it is any help  the only thing  is to try and find out about corticostrol in

seretide that could be an other reason all the best  nellebelle

Good luck   ,Nellebelle

nELLEBELLEseretide 

Probably not much help? 

• Posted

I have had asthma for about ten years I've tried so many different inhalers and steroids and nothing seemed to keep my asthma in check except for symbicort . I use to way 153 I stopped taking the medicine and dropped down to 115 in 3 months ! And I'm only 5ft . i was just doing breathing treatments albuteral . my asthma was getting out of control so i had to use symbicort again and im back to 140 . i exercise and eat healthy and cant seem to get my weight down. I dont know what to do . and i cant exercise with out using my symbicort .

• Posted

I have been using steroid pump for a year and have put on over a stone in weight which I can't shake no matter how much I diet. I am seriously considering not taking itanymore

• Edited

For years and currently now I'm on Seretide 2 puffs day and night, and Ventolin 4 puffs day and night - and whenever my asthma is playing up/doing sports/having an asthma attack I take an extra 4 puffs. At night I take 5mg of Singular. When I take those I don't gain weight, although a few years ago I took steriods (Prednisolone) probs around 50 - 100mg to control my severe asthma and pneumonia symptoms. I gained a massive amount of weight to the point where my face was so chubby and rounded. Before I gained that massive amount of weight, I was skinny and was an average weight as I was younger. After a long time of shredding down the weight I gained, I finally look slim again (currently). Now as it is winter, I have the flu and my asthma has spiked up again and now my doctor is telling me to go on steriods again.... . What do i do.......... 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.