Weight gain.. 2 stone in 7months!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello All,

So I have been on cit for 7 months and I feel great! Anyone who feels there is no light at the end of the tunnel DO NOT FEAR. YOU will get there it took me a good 3 months to properly feel the effects of this amazing drug. Hang in there, I know the side effects at first are hard but, it does get better I promise.

Anyway my worry now.,, Since being on cit I have put on 2 stone in 7 months!!!! Is anyone else finding they have put weight on? I used to be 10 stone and now I am 12. Used to be a small size 10 and now I struggle to get into a size 14?? And I am only 23 too.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tayla, I have been on Citalopram for about 3 months now and i feel better apart from my sleeping is not great, takes me ages to get off. My appetite has increased and have put some weight on. I have to eat has healthy as much as i can otherwise i would be putting on loads of weight. It's a struggle but i eat fresh fruit, veg, protein and cut the carbs down. Can you exercise, i have mobility problems so cannot walk far. I think it's a case of watching what and how much we eat. Unfortunately a lot of meds have this effect of putting on weight. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hi Tayla

Ive been on cit for 4yrs and it helps me no end,but like you ive put on at least 3 stone.  I have got back and a knee prob, so i was told to loose some weight. I have tried everything, eating healthy,exercise etc and nothing works,so i said to my doctor could it be  my cit , she just mmm then said i need to try harder! I cant come off cit, but this weight prob is making me really sad :-( so i know how you feel x

• Posted

Tayla I've been on 20 mg for about 2 months now & have lost weight about 15 lbs now. I guess you can go either way on these meds. They sure have worked on anxiety/panic I'm feeling great!
  • Posted

Tayla I just thought of one more thing. Have you had your thyroid checked? They do that with a blood test. If that's off at all it can cause weight also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.