Weight gain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm getting very worried about continuing this medication. I'm on the 5 2 diet and I've only been taking these tablets 4 days and I've gained 5 pounds. I'm worried how much weight I will gain by the time I get my 1st hospital appointment in November. I have problems losing weight anyway even though the dr thinks it should be dropping off me.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, the only problem with weight i had was with gluten to which i am now gluten free. One slice of white bread and i went from size 10 to size 14 in front of your eyes.  If honest, i would not recommend to anyone not to eat for 2 days. im no doctor but to starve your body like that - when you do eat, your body must grab and hold onto the food.. I have always believed (and i know its hard to train the mind) that a healthy balance diet was the way - but in fairness (and i know its rare) i am not sweet toothed unless you count a sugar in your coffee/tea. Best Wishes 

• Posted

I do have a sweet tooth, I just don't have the will power
    • Posted

My mum does but stopped few years back because of high cholesterol... Although, if you take her chocolates - she still hides them to keep them all to herself...lol..  We all have our weaknesses and as you have only just started, maybe give yourself a break/ a chance for this to sort itself out. Remember your already being treated for something that is quite hard to deal with.  Like catsmother, please keep us posted and wishing you all the best with it. cjc x

• Posted

Hello Lam001buttons,

Sorry to hear of your weight gaincry

I too have gained weight since being on Carbimozole.....I have had a weight problem since I've had problems with my feet, I can't do a lot of walking plus I have a very bad back problem, hence my weight!   I could have done without gaining more !!!

I am sorry, I don't have an answer for you.   I have read the reply from cjc55, I think it's worth trying no gluten or wheat, I have a wheat and gluten intollerance, so does my son, and we do try to eat the food without wheat and gluten, it does make a difference.  

Like cjc55 I don't have a sweet tooth, just as well, I'd be twice the size!

I hope you can find a solution soon...

Best wishes.

• Posted

You are  welcome.....just wish I could help properly....if you do give the no wheat and no gluten food,   I so hope it works for you, I buy mine from Asda, it is more expensive than 'normal' food, but, it is worth it!

Take care,   keep us in the picture please! smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.