weight gain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, i am married ,my age is 25 ,my health history is that i have on nerval medications for anxiety and depresion for about 2 years ,while i was unmarried,the medication included citroplam,sumoxen,hitop,inderal,depricap ,flexin.

I got married 7 months ago ,after getting married i followed medication for 2,3 months,the issue i am facing is before marriage my weight has always been in this range 58-63 ,after marriage especially when i left this medication from then to now in just 3 months i have gained 15kg weight ,my diet is below average so the food is not the issue for last 3 months i used to walk daily for an hour still can not lose even 1 kg ,i would like to know the reason why?and the issue ?either its because of those medications if yes then how long will the side effects remain? Pleaseee help i am so tensed about it

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

"my diet is below average" does not sound like a healthy planned diet. If you are eating healthy try eating about half as much healthy food as usual for a while to see if you lose weight. Losing weight requires attention and calculation

• Posted

Hi are you saying after being married for 2 - 3 months you came off all those meds? Just trying to work out this timeline and wondering how all your depression and anxiety disappeared?
    • Posted

I have been on these medicines for 2 years ,before getting married but did not get very much ,after marriage i continued with these medicines for more 3 months and i came off more appropriate to say directly quit taking them ,and with a month i gained 15kg wait
  • Posted

there is an old discussion on citalopram causing weight gain when discontinued.this discussion is on this site with several replies
    • Posted

Yes I do recall getting really quite skinny in it but the gain wasn't huge. Maybe being smaller got me into all the extreme sports and racing I did so it wasn't so bad - the weight gain
    • Posted

How long will these adverse effect remain? It has been 5 months and i am strugling with this weight gain ,sometimes i think that it may b due to change or region and water is causing this gain ,but i have read on several pages that waterdoes not cause any gain
    • Posted

I got skinny too while i was.on medicines bcz appetite descreased alot but after leaving them i seriously got into trouble of gain
    • Posted

congratulations on your new marriage. when I Google adverse effects I was left back to this site that discussion about persistent weight gain that unfortunate solution was to go back on medication and Wean yourself off of it, this is a possible solution that you might not want to try if your trying to get pregnantif you can locate the discussion I think it would be very helpful to you otherwise I'll continue to read it and support you with details
    • Posted

Thankss alot ,but this is so stressfull that just.after marriage u put on that much weight, yes i do plan for conception ,but overweight is another factor that reduces the chances for concieving .i just want to know how can i get rid of this horrible gain
    • Posted

That this is also true that its persistent, walk is in my routine and its worth to mention here that i lve on hilley areas so the walking track is not even straight ,its has inclined and declined tracks there u can lose more than u plan for butt it has stuck with me.like a glue
    • Posted

it's called paradoxical weight gain.one patient said she was having a small amount of success with a high fiber diet
  • Posted

google: weight gain an adverse affect of discontinuing anxiety medicine
    • Posted

I have read on google about there adverse affects but my question was there duration ? And wether it will reduce automatically or i should.keep struggling? Secondly i am trying to reduce for last 3 months but can not lose even a half kg is.that because till the afects.remain in body you cant lose ?
    • Posted

the serotonin power diet is a book recommending non- fruit sources of carbohydrates like rice pasta Cornmeal in a diet To Stop weight gain from antidepressants
    • Posted

Two patients reported usual weight loss methods worked after a year .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.