weight gain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I understand that when we hit mentalpause that theres tons of changes but before i had my abdominal hysterectomy i didnt have a belly now i have all this extra crap right above my incision and can't button my pants. My dr had the nerve to suggest a tummy tuck..lol. I don't think he pulled tbe skin tight enough or something. Im 3 months out so i would of thought that fat would of went away by now

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My scar is a vertical one and my tummy was really puffy either side of it.  I am nearly 6 months gone now and it is going down.  I can get into a lot more of my trousers now, so it does take time.  I am hoping it will go down some more yet, but patience is the answer.  I am now starting to do some tummy exercises hoping that they will help to firm it up.  Hope you see an improvement soon cheryl.
    • Posted

Oh im happy for you that you can get into your pants. Its exciting when that happens..lol. My scar is horizontal and ive been in the middle of moving and unpacking and planned on doing some tummy exercizes. The roll of fat just flopps right over the scar. I can't stand it!

• Posted

Having read all the stories about how much weight people lost following hysterectomy I was hopeful of a changed me. I had put on a lot of weight in the last year and looked about 6 months pregnant. Even considered buying maternity trousers! Now 4 months post op I look 7 months pregnant and still the same weight. Hey ho! But I am feeling so much better and joking apart i am slowly getting into more of my clothes ( although they have to come off again some evenings when tummy feels swollen). Just started to get back into exercise so hopefully all will improve.  Onwards and upwards 😀

• Posted

My grandson asked me if i had a baby in my belly the other day. I can't seem to get the weight off but i did stop the hormone therapy a couple weeks ago so hopefully that will help

• Posted

Well, exercise causes the tummy to swell and makes me tired. I have had to resort to 'nana naps' again. Bits of me have got smaller eg hips and legs. Unfortunately waist has refused to comply! . I still don't regret having the operation as I really did not feel good before

• Posted

I am 2 years post op (vaginal hysterectomy) I put on a stone in weight, am having to buy a size larger and still having trouble losing weight , I actually said to someone this morning that I wish I hadn't had the op done I'm so fed up.

• Posted

I'm pretty fed up as well and wished i didnt do it. But i stopped taking the hormone patch and cream and have lost 5 pounds but still cant fit into my clothes. Im tired of wearing big loose clothing just to hide the belly

• Posted

Just re-read this and love the idea of having a a mental pause. When does it kickstart again?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.