Weight gain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Have any ladies gained Weight? I have put on a stone in a year I know it can happen in the menopause but im eating normal and hardly snacking. 😂 Any ideas?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

YES  I have and can't get it off!!   Trying a new eating plan of veggies and protein..  Hopefully it will do the trick..

• Posted

Yes I have put on weight and eat healthy and always on the go!!!Seemed like overnight that this happened and i gained 15 pounds and have stayed right there..No more no less...I have totally changed my diet since peri that started 4 years ago and still had the gain...frustrating at best!!!😠😠

• Posted

I was so stunned when I gained weight rapidly. I felt like I was being followed but it was only my behind that had really enlarged (I know, the young girls pay to have that disgusting look and mine occurred naturally as I had always been petite prior-go figure!) I went from 119 lbs to 139 lbs within 1 - 1 1/2 months time. Then I gradually moved  up to 159 lbs for a year or so and now I am down to 155 lbs -whoopee. Granted, looking at older pics, at 119 lbs I was a bit underweight and have been told I look much better.

I have worked out, I have a very phyiscal job, I eat very smart and even the slightest deviation seems to up the weight temporarily. I sure hope it settles down somewhat, soon. I am told initially it is the unstable drops in our hormones then it's the lack of estrogen that may be the cause. Whatever it is...I really dislike it. sad

• Posted

I saw a video online that was saying that we don't need so many carbs in Menopause. We need to eat less carbs and more protein and vegetables.

• Posted

I believe that!!  

I don't indulge in many carbs.. only about that time of month I'm craving not so good carbs..  The rest of the month I'm OK with sprouted bread, oatmeal or brown rice.  Today I'm going to just brown sirloin beef with lots of veggies and see if that does the trick, maybe with some brown rice.   I'll have to start looking for recipies....  Maybe even bean soup?? Isn't that like protein soup?  

• Posted

Made mashed (potatoes) out of cauliflower..  Not bad with the ground sirloin-- it reminded me of shepards pie but healthier!!
    • Posted

Thanks for sharing your recipes Kelly.  I am going to give them a try too. Please keep us updated to how you get on with it x

• Posted

Anyone heard of drinking Pineapple Water??    I never have until last night.  Thanks to google.  I'm going to try and see if it does anything for my metabolism..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.