Weight gain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I am 8 days off olanapine after being on 2.5 for about 6 mths. I tapered down and so far so good. Jumped off at 0.625.

I am also in mirtazapine and venlaflaxine.

My question is when will the weight i put on on olanazapine come off ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's a hard question to answer as everybody's different, I started losing the weight after about two week & within three months I'd lost just under two stone & was back to the weight I was before Olanzapine where I've comfortably stayed since, like I say everyone's different, I should think you'd start noticing within a month, but not to sure if mirtazapine and venlaflaxine have any impact on weight.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.

I think they do have an effect but the olanzapine has the biggest effect.

• Posted

Sarah, I am also on Olanzapine 2.5, but am only taking 3/4 of the pill. I have been on it for 2 months and am so nervous I can hardly write this.

What have you found to be the best way to cut the pill? The pill is so small and has a tendency to crumble. I am in the US.

• Posted

I am in the uk. I got liquid olanzapine after i dropped to 1.25. Till then i used a pill cutter to cut the 2.5 in half. It has not been too bad at all. You have only been on it 2 mths so you should be ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.