Weight gain

Posted , 7 users are following.

has anybody gained weight on this med xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

I gained about 45 pounds while I was on this drug. I did lose 25 after stopping it though. It was not worth the health risks so I decided to stop.

• Posted

Hi Debbie

I put on about 35lbs over the years on Ami.  No amount of good food or exercise shifted it.  I've been tapering off for a couple of years now and have been on a very low dose for a while now. The weight is dropping off easily now that I'm almost off it.  Weight gain is very common with Ami.

• Posted

yes, I have been on this medication for about 3 years for my arthritis, I have gained about 3 stone, I've never been big always around 9 1/2 stone, I'm currently 12 stone 9lbs😫.

I've been going to slimming world since beginning of January and have only lost 5lbs, 2 of my friends have nearly lost a stone. I have now decided to come off them and have spoken to the doctor as my weight won't be helping my arthritis so it's silly to take them as they help me sleep but making me fat. I'm really hoping the weight will come of abit faster once I've stopped completely.

• Posted

Whether it was the drug itself, or just the way it made me feel (groggy and lazy) I am not sure, but I have been on this for over 4 years now for chronic pain and would say I've gained 40lbs since taking this. I stopped taking it 3 days ago in hope I can return to normal. sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.