Weight gain and Cipralec

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I am on Cipralex for more than 6 months and being on and off on Cipralex for few times. But this time it is longest and I can feel the difference. I am happy, I am more productive, I am less anxious, I am more to life which initially was the other way round. But my problem is I am unable to lose weight in spite of eating very less and working out moderately.

Does anyone share the same problem or this is not related to cipralex at all? Please help me to understand.

Thanks in advance

Himani Verma

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there 

Yep I noticed that too 

But I also noticed I want to eat more certain foods . Like pastries, chocolate , etc 

When I try and eat healthy I loose that extra weight . 

But the benefits of cipralex are wayyyy to more important to me than the extra weight 

Hope I helped 

F x

• Posted

Hi himanish, 

I don’t know wether it’s the medication but I found that when I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression I just felt so nauseous and couldn’t eat so I found that when it started working my appetite came back with a vengeance and I have to be really careful how much I eat so I personally think too I’d sooner carry a little extra weight and feel less or no anxiety! Quality of life is more important! Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.