Weight Gain/Bloating

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I am really struggling with weight gain/bloating in perimenopause. I have never been overweight and this is really getting me down. I feel so uncomfortable. I eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. Has anyone used a supplement or diet pill that has worked for this? Thanks

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi clb, first let me ask you, are you on any medicine of any kind? This is important for me to know before giving you my secret for losing the weight. I grew 30pounds overweight during perimenopause which I'm still going through but without the weight gain. Let me know if you're on anything.

• Posted

Hi, I’m on gabapentin for a nerve problem, sertraline for mood and clonidine for sweats. Thanks - hope you can help me!!
    • Posted

I'm not on anything , what the secret to loosing my belly? And 25 pounds that I gained

• Posted

I take Wellbutrin only. I would like to know your secret. Please. I struggle too. I exercise and eat some what right and ugh!! Thank you 
    • Posted

I would also love to know your secret to losing weight, I’ve put loads on. 
  • Posted

Hi 

I too have this same issue I hate it I feel bloated all the time and very uncomfortable. 

I haven’t changed my diet at all it’s horrible 

If anyone has any advice I would be very interested 

Only medication I take is blood pressure tablet 

• Posted

Yes, I'd like to know the secret too..  : )  Lately I've been scanning the videos channels to look at what others are doing as well.  I'm getting desperate. 

• Posted

Sorry, but to those ladies who are on medication, unfortunately I cannot advise you try this.

For the rest who are NOT ON any type of medication, its really simple, you just need to omit a few foods and break your morning fast a little later. Foods to omit: Rice, sweet bread, soda pop, pasta, wheat bread and sugar. Next drink green tea first thing in the morning when you wake up, avoid eating anything for 2 hours after drinking the tea and dont eat anything 16 hours before your last meal. You can do this 2-3 days a week. If you're a coffee person like I am you can drink coffee, and just wait for 4 hours to pass. So the idea is to wait a minimum of 16 hours from your last dinner meal. Suppose you had dinner at 7pm, 12 hours is 7 am plus 4 more hours is 11am, this is when you can eat your first meal. Now don't go splurge and eat like a hog, eat a salad or veggies, or something thats water soluble or eggs. I'm a big fan of juices, and healthy foods so sometimes I eat a little bit of food and drink carrot juice or some other green organic juice, this fills me up, and I don't crave any sweets. This is all I did to lose weight, breaking my fast a 2-3days a week eating 16 hours later. Oh lastly, a medical doctor suggested I do 3 days rather than 2 when I plateaued on losing only 25 pounds, once I went to 3 days I lost the extra 7 pounds. If hou exercise you xan lose more weight but I didn't do any and i still loss the weight. If you have any questions feel free to ask me here or in pm.

• Posted

Hi Sochima,

Sounds good, how long dis it take for you to loose 25 pounds?

If you don't mind me asking how much did you weight before?

So if I do the math , I can eat from 11am to 7pm? And omit the foods you mentioned?

When you say 3 days, do you mean 3 days consecutively or alternate ?

Do you also do a water faste?

• Posted

Hi gilly, it took about 3-6 months. I loss it fast compared to how long i had it such that my friends who had seen me fat a few months before were shocked at how quickly I had loss weight. I believe it was mostly water and some stored fat but not as much as fat because my legs thinned out pretty quickly. I became overweight by 30 pounds I was 135 before perimenopause when it started my weight shot up to 168. When I started fasting however, I wasn't feeling bad nor going through any heavy symptoms so I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to lose weight since it became apparent that in my Christmas photos that had just past back then I couldn't recognize myself due to looking like a blimp. I felt good but looked horrible so that's when I decided to start it. Occasionally, I would get heart palps but I would take a St. John's Wart pill and it would get rid of it while I continued with my fast.

Yes from 11am to 7pm or 6pm to 10am, as long as you give yourself a 16 hour window youll be fine but I will admit that as time went by, in my 3rd month, I was able to fast up to 18 hours because I was determined to lose as much weight as possible. Well, it turns out that when you do this you lose even more weight. I now weigh less than where I was when I started.

The fast is not done on consecutive days. I would jump around my days, for example I'd start with Tuesday, since work had breakfast treats for us on Mondays, I'd drink coffee during the fast, then eat at my 16 hr mark, skipped Wednesday then do Thursday, skipped Friday which was also food day at work then do Saturday or Sunday. Always skipping at least one day. No I've never done a water fast, but I have done a juice fast for 24 hours, where i did my own juicing. Another great way to lose weight with celery, cucumber, cabbage and 1 green apple.

Also, I forgot to mention to eat grapefruit without sugar, or you can juice it, no red apples only green. Avoid yellow bananas eat only green ones, if you crave sweets use Stevia it's great for weight loss also or date sugar. The only other foods I would eat regularly were nuts & seeds, my sweet food was eating dates since it does not raise your glycemic index nor does it cause you to gain weight. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Posted

Strange I can't understand why my post needs to be moderated when I didn't mention any need names just what I did to lose weight. Will wait 24 hrs, if they don't post I can always pm it to you.

• Posted

This is similar to the 5:2 diet 

I think the key thing with what you have mentioned is losing the carb and processed products which the Gynae consultant has mentioned to me 

I have a gynae appointment I think I will run this by her 

Thanks 

• Posted

Sounds some like intermittent fasting where you eat for an 8-hour span and the other 16 hours are fasting (most are while sleeping).   The key is to stick to healthy options during the 8-hour span.   Some people do this daily and others just a few times a week.  I did this for awhile but for some reason, I didn't stick with it.  Guess I need to get back on the bandwagon.  Sugar is very hard to give up..

• Posted

WOW...   You had excellent results that's awesome!!    Now I'm determined to try again.  : )

• Posted

Good day 

This is what i came across that

The hormonal changes of menopause might make you more likely to gain weightaround your abdomen than around your hips and thighs. But, hormonal changes alone don't necessarily cause menopause weight gain. Instead, the weight gain is usually related to aging, as well as lifestyle and genetic factors

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.