Weight gain - don't know how to lose it...can someone suggest something

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am finding it difficult to lose weight and have gained lots of weight around my stomach. I love eating white rice and curries everyday. I just don't know how to change my diet. I suffer from acid reflux problems and do take medicitation for it.  For a long time. I just don't know whether I do comfort eating and how to stop eating it. I have tried weight watcher but it has not worked for me. Can someone please recommend something? Thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi

if you want to lose weight then you have to use up more calories than you eat.

look at your activity levels: are you an active person, always moving around / walking etc or do you have a sedentary lifestyle with a lot of sitting down? can you increase the amount of activity that you do?

also llok at what you eat. you say that you love white rice and curry but how is the curry made? reduce the quantity of oil / ghee that is used? eat a smaller portion? (some people use a smaller bowl/dish to help them eat less).

you are on the way already becasue you have realised that it is not good to gain weight around the middle. how long did you try weightwatchers? why did it not work?

best wishes

• Posted

Hi Sarah, it is a good thing to decide that you want to shed weight because you are overweight, or putting on. Anyone can go it. It comes with a lot of discipline my dear. Exercises help but dieting is the sure way out. Try not to skip meals so you don't do binge eating. Take healthy breakfast like wheat or oats in the mornings, some vegetables for snack and eat what you love at lunch but in smaller quantity. Do well not to eat 3 hours before you go to bed. You can talk to a dietician too but reducing your fat and carbohydrates will surely help. Discipline is the way to go. Its hard work but if you are able to stay by it, you will shed some weight.
  • Posted

I am struggling with my weight too. I started cooking fresh and healthy home and give up take aways. Hope you are well.
    • Posted

I am struggling but I am going to take your advice and start cooking fresh and eating more vegetables. Very difficult to do so but I will try!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.