Weight gain on tibolone

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I've been taking tibolone for 4 months now & it's great as I'm feeling so much better in myself. The only problem I have is I've gain 1/2 stone pretty quick!! also feel very bloated!! Is there anyone who's been taking these for a long time & has lost the weight? Or is it impossible whilst taking tibolone.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha. I have been taking it for 6m.I have gained weight especially around my middle,arms and thighs!!! In other words nearly all over. I found tibilone/livial to slow me down and lose my get up and go .Find it hard to get motivated. So I think with not being as active as I was this is why (for me). Iam excersising and finding it is coming off but have to keep at it.The bloating is another thing I have that .Builds up throughout the day.Achy joints and lethargy just don't help. I wouldn't say it's impossible as I have lost some I just have to push myself.

• Posted

Hi Samantha

I have been on it for 6 weeks and have to say I lost my boobs from the side effects of the femoston that i was on. I also feel much better but havent noticed any weight gain. It could be if you are feeling better you are not so much focused on your diet? Seems that way for me so far.

Have to say being on Tibolone for past few weeks is best I felt for long time. No ups or downs with previous hormones! And the lady bits are soo much better!

Im 52yrs and have to work hard with the fat bits around waist..I put it down to age..but a few weeks of the white foods seems to sort it out.

Jane

• Posted

Hi Samantha, I have been on Livial for many years 12+ ,whilst I can no longer recall if I gained weight when I started I can however confirm that I have been able to loose weight and have never exceeded 69 kg at my heaviest. I tend to hover around the 66 kg mark. I am average height I think 164cm. 

Hopefully weight will plateau.

goodluck.

Jenny

• Posted

Hi Samantha, I have been taking livial since may this year and whilst the symptoms have greatly improved i have put on half a stone very quickly. I have been doing slimming world for some time and had just about reached my target I also exercise regularly so this has been disheartening. The weight gain started when I went on livial, also bloated. I will have to make a decision either to come off it or put up with the weight gain.
    • Posted

That what I keep thinking shall I come off it so I can lose that half a stone but its made such a difference for me!! Before I felt like crap all the time, now I've got much more energy & finally have a sex drive lol

• Posted

Hi Samatha, Sharon

?It has been a while since you posted but was hoping to get some feedback from you. I just started livial a month ago. I also started watching my food and exercising more, so on based on previous experience I would have lost at least 1.5 kg this month. However in that month I gained 2 kg ! I feel better on livial, less fragile, stronger, but I am not (yet?) willing to  gain that much. Did you stop livial ? if so did the excess weight come off again and quickly ? If you did continue, were you able to stabilize and/or reduce your weight over time. I really don't see how I could lose weight currently.... 

I really hope you can give me some feedback on your experience

?currently I have 3 days on my strip and really not thinking of buying a new one.

?Kind regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.