Weight gain or loss

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies I just wanted to ask..is anyone experiencing some weight loss as a result of digestive disorders and lack of appetite..after researching I'm hearing that you gain weight during perimenopause..i've gained around my mid-section.. but i've lost otherwise because my appetite fluctuates.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cathy I was the same still struggling to put it back on especially around my knees...not fun if you have no appetite mine return now, oh the mid-section me too apart from that getting through it daily a lot better then I was when I first started but my sister says it will pass.
  • Posted

Weight goes up and down during peri menopause you loose weight then when you feel better it goes back on. I found that this is what happened to me
    • Posted

Thank you Misty for your reply......this is a very scary time in my life..I just try to keep the faith and pray alot... God bless and keep you
  • Posted

i am underweight and have hard time keeping it on and i am also not eating due to stomach issues. i go thru periods of eating a lot then hardly anything. i refuse to weigh myself so i dont panic when i see how thin i am.. i am have been looking forward to weight gain part!
    • Posted

Thanks Kim for your reply... I take we will all eventually get through this scary roller coaster ride eventually...God Bless and keep you
  • Posted

I was like Kim. I lost a lot of weight and looked sick...now that my anxiety is better I have put some back on and I'm feeling much better and have more energy. How did my anxiety get better you ask? I don't know except that I just avoid things that I know will upset me. I don't google symptoms anymore. I stay on this forum so I know that I am not alone😊

• Posted

Right on. Me too. Great advice. Stop googling stuff, or thinking you have some awful disease. Stay positive, eat healthier, and eventually your mind calms down and then your apoetite cones back. Just takes time. Took about 7 or 8 mos.to start ferking myself again. Now I got to work on losing weight. I'm way too fat, and love to eat.

• Posted

Yes. I lost 20 lbs last year without trying. It was seriously scary. Thought I had cancer. Went through a battery of tests. All came back negative, but even my gyno. didn't say it was ever a peri symptom. So it perplexed me even more. However, slowly over time, I regsined my appetite and weight came back on. Now I'm too heavy and can't lose it. Mostly around my midsection and butt, and now I'm always hungry. Strange this crazy peri menopause. I think I may be in menopause now though. Reached my 12 mo. in Oct. No periods still. Liking that. Symptoms have eased up too. Just got to get a handle on my eating h as bits, to tryvsnd lose some weight. I'm way too heavy now.

My advice to you Cathy is don't panic about the weightloss and loss of appetite. It will eventually come back before you know it.

Stay positive, get on some probiotics. Take B12 and D and you should start feeling a little better each day. This s..t is a process, and it won't go away over night. It takes time and patience, and a lot of mind over matte. Stay busy too, so as not to dwell on all your symptoms. Know you are not alone in this, and everyone on this forum experiences similar issues. Some bad, some not so bad. We're ll hear to listen and support each other. Mostly don't run to your dr. to try and explain what is going on with you. Most of them don't get it either and don't have empathy for your situation. It's all about doing what works best for you. Stay Happy , calm and know this pmi and meno will eventually pass.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response..this peri is driving me insane.. I try not to focus on the symptoms...heart palpitaions..pounding heart waking me out of my sleep sometimes.. and the on and off lethargy..I praa and read my word alot lately I know God has not forgotten me or any of these women that are experiencing these frightening  symptoms...God Bless and keep you
    • Posted

Thank you. Same to you Cathy. Keep up what you are doing.
  • Posted

Yes, I have lost weight and gained more digestive issues... Wahoo, go me....
  • Posted

Dear Kathy

Initially I lost weight due to gastitis in peri appetite totally went and lost weight but now I feel have gained weight around middle! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.