Weight gain with Evorel 50 patches anyone?

Posted , 30 users are following.

I've been on Evorel 50 patches for about a year now and I've gained about a stone in weight! I know this doesn't seem a lot compared to some women but I'm generally very healthy and exercise about 3/4 times a week and usually manage to lose weight quite reasonably! But now I really struggle and like most women it's all in my belly and boobs! I feel really bloated all the time and I have a been having bleeding since the beginning of this year! I've had a hysteroscopy and a biopsy plus scan and blood test but everything came back normal! I'm 54 and I started with the menopause when I was 39 and haven't had a period since I was about 40! I only decided to try HRT as the night sweats were becoming unbearable, I was waking up absolutely soaking more than once a night! Also my mental health is shocking, and my anxiety is extreme but that could also be because I lost my mum in January this year quite suddenly! I am awaiting councilling sessions for that! However I do believe the HRT could also be adding to my anxiety 😪 Sorry for the long post but I think I may want to just come off the HRT as the struggle to keep the weight off is depressing me even further! Would love to hear from anyone using these patches experiencing similar symptoms.

2 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I gained weight on the patches perhaps you should try something esle I've lost the weight now I had a hysterectomy three years ago

• Posted

No but are they any good as I don't take anything now but still get hot especially at night I was thinking of cutting the patches I have left into half and see if that made a difference

• Posted

I stopped using pathis as weight gain they do work I was thinking of just using half a patch or trying some wellspring cream has anyone tried this

• Posted

Starflower more for hormonal balance, heart health, skin, eyes and joint health.
  • Edited

That's why I went off them and went on a low dose pill much better as I've recently llost weight and isn't want to put back on you could always go back to doctors to try something esle

• Posted

hi, which low dose pill are u on?

ive tried various but they make me bleed. i had ovaries removed 12 years ago.

i really believe i need to come off patches, never had a tubby tummy in my life.

think maybe try another pill.

thank you

• Edited

Hi there sooo sorry to hear about your Mum as understand is such a difficult time☹. I've been on these patches for over two years and like several other ladies I too have gained weight. I now have no waist at all as its all on my belly. In fact I find it really difficult to buy clothes as my shoulders and bum are small but the belly has expanded big time! As for the anxiety I get that too together with a fuzzy almost dizzy like feeling at times. Having said that I've tried to come off them a couple of times and felt absolutely dreadful with bad withdrawal symptoms so would rather live with the belly for now!

• Edited

I have also been on everol 50 and conti for the past year. I have definitely gained 10kg weight . I have never had issues with weight in fact It was hard for me to put on weight. I blamed the extra weight on Menopause alone but after reading through everyone's experience I think the hrt patches are the culprit. Gp has now advised that some people are hormone sensitive so maybe I should stop using HRT patches and see how I feel . It is a tough decision as I suffer from Bi polar and chronic depression and the patches are helping with low moods. However I cant cope with the weight gain as its worsening my asthma and lung disease. I have never smoked or drank alcohol. Any thoughts? I would like to hear from anyone who is in similar situ or tried something that works for them any advice ? thank you.

• Edited

im no longer on patches and now on small little lmg gels which irub in every day i find they work well for me i had a hysterectomy five years ago and suffer with being hot

• Edited

hi sue

i feel exactly the same as you .. i lost 3 stone and im a healthy size 12. I suffer with monthly migraines and heavy period leg cramps exhaustion etc so my Gp put me on evorel 50 although i do feel better I’m gaining weight and my Tummy is always bloated and hard and my boobs hurt .. i cant cope as im gaining weight .. i read i shouldnt be on just these patches if i still have periods ? just Feel like stopping everything ! ive also got plantar fasicitus which is another side effect apparently x

• Posted

Hi, yes i have also gained lots of weight in the last year since being in patches.

ive been on hrt since i was 50. im now 69

Not had problem before. im active, very healthy diet. do not eat any snacks or junk food.

i am now considering coming off the patches since reading your post.

wish u all the best

Trisha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.