Weight gained!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've reduced from 450mg too 37.5 a day! I have been taking venlafaxine for 4 years. I have to say venlafaxine has worked over all the other medication I tried before it. But I have piled on so much weight the last 2 years of taking it. I've always watched my weight. But I have to say that the last 2 years I've gone from a size 12, too 18. I'm desperate to start working on losing weight now I have stacted to feel so much better. Has anone any advice?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cora,

Don't worry about the weight.  It will fall off of you like butter melting as you go lower in your dose.  Just will take several months before you notice and you will notice and so will everyone else.  Stay focused and best of luck!

• Posted

Yes Cora I went from 14 to 24. The good news is it seems to be melting of me since coming down in my dose.

Your drop is huge I wish you well. I am going through my second drop of 75 mg at the moment and I'm suffering somewhat but trying to work through it.

I find walking to be the best weight loss method. Stuff diets just walk instead of getting into the car.

• Posted

I've been reducing over a long time. I have had such a fatigue just this week I've felt more awake. I am feeling again though and crying at anything sad that is on the TV. I've felt num for years. How are you doing with reducing x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.