Weight loss?

Posted , 8 users are following.

6th day 10lb loss? Is this normal! Has anyone experienced weight loss? X

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Alyson,

I’m almost 6 weeks. I initially had no appetite and nausea and am down 15 pounds. This past week my weight has stabilized and while my appetite is still down I am able to eat normally.

Nutrition is important.  If you are unable to eat, try some meal replacement drinks. I could sip on these throughout the day. I felt better when my body wasn’t starving.

• Posted

Yes unfortunately my appetite went away.  It will come back, but takes a while.
  • Posted

i've been on flou for 22 months, yes it does effect your weight and appetite, serotonin is made and controlled in stomach from there is is fed through the body to the brain, hence side effects. i lost 12lbs when i first started taking 2 years later i am 2 stone heavier. It the same nausea and loss of appetite coming off too, something i am trying to do at present. stick with it by around 10 weeks it should subside.

• Posted

oh yes. iv lost so much weightweel 10 for me n juststrarted getting my appetite back and its not much
  • Posted

How much weight have you all lost? And what time scale? I'm a worrier and think 10 lb in 5 days is scary. Surely can't keep going on? I'm 13s3lb now so suppose I have got it to loose x

• Posted

It does come back eventually.  I remember from last time it took a really long time, but it did eventually come back.  I was very skinny, 5’5” and down to like 103 pounds.  This time I’m about 20 years older, so I’m still getting skinny, but not as fast.  I know it’s hard to not worry about it, that’s what we do, but as long as you eat and drink something when you can it is not dangerous.  I was really self conscious about what people said about me.  Now I’m older and I try not to worry about that as much.
  • Posted

hey alyson, im on week 10 and ive lost over 30 lbs. albeit i was struggling with anxiety right before prozac so i had already lost weight. im 5'6 and weigh 130 which is very skinny for me. very. i get self concious but what can i do. i got a little bit of my appetite back and so will you. itll just take time. at one point i was literally nibbling on one cracker all day. but force youself to eat. easier said then done,. i am still not as hungry but i know itll get there again. super super normal. and i lost all this weight within 10 weeks.

• Posted

Yes, when you first start taking it.  I lost 10 lbs since starting Prozac.  Your appetite goes away until your body adjusts to it.  I gained major weight when I quit smoking and I was on Prozac at the time.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.