Weight loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi my name is Anne and I am really suffering from stress and anxiety. I have lost 2 stone over the lady 6 months worrying about my husband as he has colon cancer with liver mets. I can't eat , tremble and shake and feel really down. My husband has lots of ops to undergo, not sure how to cope. The GP just gives you antidepressants and bentos. Can anyone give my some advice? X I am seeing a Ounsellor for anxiety management but this does not seem to be helping much. Need my appetite back, how???

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne,

Just read your story sorry to hear about your husband! I suffer really bad health anxiety, it is similar to the symptoms you said you feel.

I have been given some tablets by the dotor called propanol they seem to be ok and make me feel a lot calmer! I cant imagine how you must feel but it is all about controlling the anxiety, when I feel at my worst I stand at the window with it open and think of a happy time or go for a walk it really does work! I have also tried calms you can buy them over the counter at a pharmacy or boots ...superdrug etc. I havr noticed the more I think about how I feel the worse it is, For example I could feel ok and then think oh im ok now then its back again!

Hope this helps! and all goes well with your husbands operations!

• Posted

Hi Stacy, thank you for your kind words and advice. I gave tried kalms but they don't work for me. Will try looking out of the window and think good thoughts. Great site this with lots of help and understanding. Anne xx
  • Posted

hi anne. my heart goes out to u. it must be awful for u. with such weight loss, i'm wondering if ur GP shouldn't be doing some more tests, like testing ur blood sugar, thyroid and b12 levels. the shaking could be due to anomolies in any of these or many other things including the anxiety. however, not being able to eat properly will mess up ur blood sugar levels & that can cause or/and exacerbate the shaking.

there is a modality called eft (emotional freedom therapy) that is very good at neutralizing emotions & intrusive thoughts. it's easy to learn & apply and has no side effects. if u google it, u'll get the info. and u -tube will have demos. if i can be of any more help please do not hesitate to ask.

Caitlin

• Posted

Hi Caitlin, thanks for your advice, I will certainly try the site and u tube. Will also se my GP to check bloods etc. Thankyou so much. Anne xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.