Weight Loss

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have chronic bronchitis and I've lost so much weight. How do I regain the weight I've lost? Please help. smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the same problem lost 20 pounds in a few months, worked really heard to put it back on and put on 10 only to lose it again.  The only thing that worked for me was adding more fat to my diet,  mostly coconut oil lots and salt because I started to look dehydrated.   I am back to a normal weight for my height it did take a few months.  Good luck I am sure your concerned because people notice the rapid weight loss.  Have you talked to your dr he may have some ideas.
  • Posted

Hi, I had the same problem after a COPD flare up twelve months ago.  I lost nearly two stone  and I've only manage to gain around 12 pounds although I eat anything and everything.  I'm 71 and I feel fine.  I did speak to a medic and they said to eat everything you shouldn't so just enjoy and go for it!

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi matthewmanaw

Protein drinks are good, the doc can prescribe high calorie drinks also if you ask and you are very underweight.  web md have information on how to gain weight healthily and so do nhs if you put that in the search engine.

The British lung foundation can advise further on this if you contact their helpline.  Page linking to BLF found here:

https://www.blf.org.uk/

Best wishes V

• Posted

It takes a long time for all the weight to finally come back and stay.  My Pulmonologist prescribed a pill that had some of the same effects as marijuana.  Thus, the "munchies" did help me to at least be interested in food.  However I felt uncomfortable    with the overall feeling and did not feel I was in control of anything.  However, they did help me to gain back the pounds I had previously lost.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.