Weight Loss and Bloating

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good Morning Fellow COPD'ers!  Have any of you experienced a feeling of bloating and weight loss?  Sometimes I feel bloated and I noticed a couple of days ago that I have suddenly lost 5 pounds.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sandy, my husband has COPD and he too has bloated feelings and only tries to eat small, little and often. Sometimes even an extra mouthful will bloat him and make him feel really uncomfortable. I beleive weight loss is associated with this disease. 
  • Posted

hi Sandy i sometimes get bloated when eating.

i so far have not noticed any weight loss but i could do with loosing a few pounds

• Posted

Hi I find I can't eat large meals any more coz it makes me feel bloated.  Little and often is the key.  Bev x

• Posted

Hi sandy58386:

I have lost over 30 lbs. in the last few years.  Not sure if it's all due to having

copd or not, as I have other chronic conditions going on.  Just eaten dinner and

tried not to eat too much, however, I am bloated and gassy, for want of a better

description.  The "fun" never ends.  Take care. p.s. I now weigh about 105 lbs.

and am 5'4" tall, very skinny and I don't like it at all..  A wise woman once said

to me "As long as you are vertical and warm there is a chance."

• Posted

I haven't experienced this, it sounds like the bloating could be fluid retention which your body then disposed of, hence the weight loss, but I"m only guessing.

A sudden weight loss to that extent needs checking out with your doctor. 

• Posted

The good old gp doesn't seem to be too concerned about it; even

though I have mentioned it pretty well every, single time I've seen him.

Hope your'e good Jude.  We are having record breaking temps. here

and 100's of wild fires are burning.  The air quality is ...., you know what I would like to say, begins with s and ends with t for terrible.

Had to stay inside for a few days due to the smoke and ash, etc. in

the air.  Have you ever, or anyone else for that matter, had to deal

with something like this?  I'm ok, so far so good.  take care Jude.

• Posted

Are you in Canada and did I already reply to your query about masks during wildfires?
  • Posted

Thanks to you ALL for your responses.  I guess I just get kind of jittery when something else happens.  My Mother had breast cancer and my Father had colon cancer; therefore when something unusual happens,like the bloating and weight loss, I kind of panic.  I feel like I'm a ticking bomb!!  I do have an appointment with my GP for my annual physical in Aug; however, if I lose any more weight, I will call him pronto!!

Ha........I wasn't sure how to thank ALL of you.......it looks like I responded to myself!!  rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.