Weight loss and eating healthier

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 37 years old, and I'm 5'7" and 180 pounds. I've been stuck here for a couple years.  I really need to work on a diet. My motivation isn't there as often as I'd like. But I have my two boys that are 14 and 10 and they live with me. I wanna be able to set the standard and be a role model for them  besides sitting around playing ps4 or watching YouTube all day. Neither one are into sports. But they both stay active playing outside and what not. Riding bikes.  But it starts with me and I gotta set the standard and have some goals here. Anyone have any positive advice?? 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I got your problem. Won't be frosted. Must will be role model following some strategy.

You have to be careful in two methods.

1. Exercise

2. Diet

1. Exercise

Exercise for Weight loss

We know that you train to feel good, to live longer and to reduce stress. But if you are like many Americans, also exercise to lose weight. With a total of 18 bazillion exercises and fitness classes to choose from, it's not always easy to know where to start. Warm Yoga Weights? Kardio Between: Michele Olson, Ph.D., Professor of Exercise Physiology at Auburn University in Montgomery. Follow their advice and watch the books melt

Weight Loss, Weight Loss

No, you will not. Given that women have lower levels of testosterone, they will not develop baseball biceps after hitting the weights three times a week, Olson explains. What will happen: you lose fat while preserving muscle mass. See if you maintain your muscle mass (harder than you think, because the woman often loses muscle with age and if it depends only on a restricted calorie diet) will maintain a higher metabolic rate at rest, Which means that his body will be more effective at burning calories, Olson explains. The train for 15 days, completing the step you will knock me.

2. Diet

Cut sugar and starches

The most important part is to reduce sugars and starches (carbohydrates).

These are the foods that most stimulate insulin secretion. If you have not yet known, insulin is the most important fat storage hormone in the body.

When insulin drops, fat has a lighter time to get out of the fat stores and the body begins to burn fat instead of carbohydrates.

Another benefit of reducing insulin is that the kidneys reduce excess sodium and water in your body, reducing swelling and unnecessary weight of water.

It is not uncommon to lose up to 10 pounds (sometimes more) in the first week of eating this way, both body fat, and water weight.

This is a table of a study comparing low-carbohydrate and low-fat diets in obese and obese women.

Eat Protein, Fat and Vegetables

Each one of your meals should include a protein source, a fat source, and low-carb vegetables. Constructing your meals in this way will automatically bring your carb intake into the recommended range of 20-50 grams per day.

• Posted

Hey, As you told that you always stay at home and didn't do any work. I think first you should start running in morning then if you really want to lose weight then follow this link for "how to lose weight fast"

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.