Weight loss/ anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had some severe anxiety lately . About 3 weeks ago I hurt my knee and I have been unable to work out since. Before that I was working out 4-5 days week doing boxing and CrossFit type workouts and doing nutrisystem to lose weight.

I have since stopped working out the last 3 weeks and went off my diet. I have however maybe lost 10 pounds or so in last 3 weeks which confuses me.

I had a lot of muscle mass, so wondering if I’m losing that from not working out and since muscle weighs more than fat. Also I have had severe health anxiety about things like cancer for the past month, so not sure if snorts is causing the weight loss.

I had a CT scan of my chest in May which was good and normal CBC about 3 weeks ago.

Not sure what to think! Causing me anxiety!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It seems complicated from your message. Did you visit a doc? Because as I undesrtood from your message such weight loss can be a normal thing after your exercises routine, diet and later knee trauma but on the other hand not, especially if you had the cancer issues. Cancer unfortunately usually causes great weight loss, especially during its later periods.

• There can be much more reasons for it, for example:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.