Weight loss at top of leg through spinal stenosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone else with severe spinal stenosis has had any weight loss at the top of their legs?  Both my legs are getting weaker and weaker with more pain. But the most worrying thing is the weight coming off. I already have a numb foot through a prolapsed disc a few years ago, with no reflex from that knee what-so-ever. I have been told by professionals that I will never get the full feeling again. Now the top of my legs are so painful and I am wondering if this is down to muscle or nerve damage because of the weight that I have lost?

I am seeing my spinal consultant in 2 weeks time about having surgery as I cannot go on like this for the rest of my life.  It has been around 4 and a half years since all my problems first started. Its been a slow process!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If it's a one or two level fusion required to fix the stenosis, then...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/the-expandable-spacer-570509

Had my stenosis at L2/L3.  Opted for the LLIF (lateral) fusion to fix it.  One night in the hospital, zero stenosis pain after, immediate walking and climbing stairs, no brace, no rehab.  Yes, some residual nerve pain for a few weeks...that's it.  Search YouTube for "globus lateral"...cute animation.  AMAZING device!!!!!

• Posted

Hi.. Thank you for the reply.

I have levels 4&5 problems. It's got really bad lately. I had root nerve block injections a few months ago. 2 on each side. They worked for about a month but now it seems worse than ever. I am trying to work to earn a living as ESA decided I could do something and stopped my claim back in January. I set myself up as self employed as a domestic cleaner. That is what I live off but am struggling with it now. I know I can never work for an employer. I am now 60 and have just over 5 years to get my state pension! It's a real predicament for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.