Weight Loss - Is my weight loss too quick?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have done two different diets, the first was a couple years ago where i cancelled out all fats (carbs and proteins only) and lost 14 kg in two months and i thought that wasnt too bad, this was while going to the gym everyday. Since the lockdown i have started the Keto Diet and have lost nearly a Kilogram or 2.25 lbs each day for 4 days. Im very overweight as i used to go gym a lot but haven been for a good while and have 'stuffed my face', i was wondering with my body composition of 6"2' and 137kg or 300 lbs (down to 133kg as of), is this weight loss ok as i am very overweight to begin with or am i harming my body this way. Ideally i want to be getting down to 108 kg in a couple months time and i am in no way extreme dieting, i am consuming around 1700 calories a day (down from 2500-3500) which feels like plenty especially when i am sedentiary in isolation, please if anyone has a similar experience or knowledge on the matter please do reply, thank you guys.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think you are doing something great, everything seems normal to me. Just keep working on your weight, and go slowly, if you go to fast in losing weight, you will not give the body time to adjust, which will cause you to have more saggy skin. Its good to work on exercising that are muscle tightening, such as free weights, and sit ups, and press ups, etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.