Weight loss, size up?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've tried searching for this problem and no one seems to have any answers, Google just throws bodybuilding topics at me.

I'm female, 26, not pregnant. My diets not changed recently, I go for 30min~1hour walks for my exercise maybe 2 times a week. Only medication I'm taking and rarely at that is Citalopram for the occasional depression episode.

Recently, last 2 weeks or so, I've lost over a stone in body weight (From 13st 12 to 12st 5), but have gone from a size 14 to a size 18 dress size which is well confusing (I thought it was broken scales... but turns out the second set of scales we bought said the same thing) and the last few days these clothes are becoming uncomfortable. My ankles and legs have been swelling up to the point I can no longer see any muscle tone in my calf's, my upper extremities seem to be fine; arms, neck, etc and are skinny as ever.

I've tried asking my doctor about it, but it just seems the general answer to every single problem I have where I live is \"It's all in your head\" and a prescription of anti-depressants or a pregnancy test.

Any ideas what is causing this? :?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think your body continuously losing muscle mass. That's why your body's size is increasing. Try to do some workout at home and change your eating schedule.
  • Posted

To look fit and fine you should try to do some exercise which can reduce your all problem. try to also take some healthy meal or nutritional substance without fat. it will definitely work to maintain your body. don't get depressed, just try some cardio exercise. I also do it and getting more benefits.
  • Posted

I think it is not good for your health. As you have told that you have loosed weight but your body's size is increasing. It may be harmful for you because it does not happen normally. So please consult with a professional doctor regarding this problem as it might be a symptom of a major health problem.

Take care

Wei Zhang

• Posted

So you are losing weight but getting bigger? This sounds like a very troubling fluid build up. The medical term for that is edema. In terms of your weight loss, it sounds like it is muscle weight that you are losing, which could explain why you are bigger even though you are bigger. Building your muscles up with weights will help you gain the weight back, but if you are losing due to misaborption of calories, then it will only make you tired. Depression can cuase weight loss, and pregancy can cause edema. That is why the doctor did what he did. I am not sure what else could be the problem- sorry, but I would try massage to move the fluid around.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.