Weight Loss stopped

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my weight loss seems to have stopped. I know I'm probably losing inches but any tips to start it again as I feel better when I see lb loss not inches. HELP PLEASE

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

think it's just the body readjusting and possibly differing scales.

My last weigh in according to the Dr's scales I hadn't lost any in the previous 2 weeks but according to mine I had. Not that bothered as I have managed to move my belt a notch over so guessing I've lost some cm's rather than lb's.

As for kick starting it again just carry on with the restrictions, try some green tea as that seems to help you lose water (still need to get myself some), and maybe up the exercise bearing in mind exercise is going to reshape your body and over doing it could cause gains as muscle is heavier than fat, I believe.

If you look at weight loss over the whole time you have been dieting and not on a weekly basis you will see you have done really really well so don't worry about the odd week non loss here and there

• Posted

The best thing to do is listen to advice from 'experts' like Suza who gets the back up of many people on here as she seems to reply to everything anyone posts and yet has only been on the tabs for 2 months herself . . . amazing!! In fact, there was a discussion about her on here but it seems to have disappeared.

Seriously tho, look out for old posts by RR, she is a real expert on these tabs, very helpful and lost about 5 stones and is still going as far as i am aware. Sparkles is a wealth of information as well so may be able to offer support and there are many others that have been on here for a while and know their stuff.

Good luck x

• Posted

I've had issues with weight loss stopping too smile

My advice is to keep up the good work, measure yourself so you can see if you're losing inches when you're not losing lbs.

Also, I've found that when I'm due on, my weight tends to go up by nearly 8lbs, don't know if you're the same, maybe not to the same extent, but that often accounts for fluctuations I have smile

• Posted

from what i have seen on here over the time i have been on people have posted about plateauing, it does happen and all you can do is carry on, i myself have plateaued before and its frustrating but the loss will kick start again if you carry on with the tablets, watching what you eat and exercising. i like others did notice some inch loss when there was no lbs lost, like i mentioned i was frustrated then the next week i went to buy new jeans n needed a size smaller which is a very nice feeling so don't let this get to you!
  • Posted

[quote:482527f39e=\"Oldie not Newbie \"]The best thing to do is listen to advice from 'experts' like Suza who gets the back up of many people on here as she seems to reply to everything anyone posts and yet has only been on the tabs for 2 months herself . . . amazing!! In fact, there was a discussion about her on here but it seems to have disappeared.

[/quote:482527f39e]

There was a discussion :shock: hope it was nice :lol: :D

From reading a lot of the posts to me it seems that not a lot of practical advice is given out by the Dr when giving out these tablets. I've been very luck with my surgery who have been so supportive and spend the time to discuss things with me and I have taken it upon myself to attend fortnightly to the nurse and get weighed and have a chat with her, so if I see any questions on here that I don't really know the answer to I try and remember to ask the nurse and post back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.