Weight Loss to Combat PCOS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS at 22 years old. It has really scared me but I've been told weight loss could help? I've been put on Metformine but I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything that could help/worked for them?

Thanks

Jess x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you eat much sugar or drink alcohol? These tend to be the 2 most fattening things to consume if you have PCOS. Alcohol should not be consumed when taking metformin as it can damage your liver. Make sure you take the slow release metformin, as the regular one can really upset your stomach. Because you have a hormone imbalance it is best to keep active or you can slip into depression or anxiety very easily. Vitamin D and B12 are very important. If you start to get heartburn and indigestion try taking ranitidine and antacid chalk tablets like rennie.

• Posted

Hi Jessca,

Proper diet.. No more to oily foods, no white rice and dairy products.. eat more vegetable and fish and fruits.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.