Weight Loss - Very Fussy Eater

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello

I'm now in my mid forties a couple of inches under 6' and certainly overweight at just over 15 stone / 97-100 KG.

My problem is that I'm a very fussy eater and for the last 10 day wathing the calories and lost 2-3KG. It is getting hard as I'm sure I can get more food for the calories than what I'm getting.

Now when I say fussy I really do mean fussy. No fruit or veg ofr starters and not really into foreign food. I wish I wasn't that way but it is the way I am.

What do I eat? I bet a few will ask that question. I do like bread, potatoes and the main meats, poultry and some fish plus quite a few other things.

Now I've cut back my typical day is get up at 6, cup of tea (don't like coffeee) go to work, usually there by 8 if not before. Within an hour I have to eat something so it's 1 round of a ham sandwich. Lunch is anothe r2 rounds and a packet of crisps. I've cut out the sweet which used to be 4 fingers of kitkat or similar and also cust back on 1 sandwich. Evening meal typically a few days a week could be oven chips up to about 400 calories and something with it. Could be battered cod fillet, chargrill chick or tonight 100g of sliced chicken and tonight desert a slice of choc swiss roll. Supper with my cup of tea 2 small cookies for around 120 cal.

I'm so looking for alternatives that gives me more food for the calories as I'm always hungry. I've read that eggs can be good, scrambled so may look into this to top up a meal. May even consider a breakfast at home and cut out the days eat. My current daytime eat is sitting at just under 600 cal before any drinks.

So I know it's a hard ask but does anyone have any ideas of plain simple food that could be tasty. I've cut of all the sauces but do like my ground pepper all over the food.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

G,Day paul50208 im about 6,1 Tall cronic pain and had half my Bowel 3 foot of Gang Green Intestine out 2 adhesion opp,s 3 Disc,s taken out i have lost 27 Kg in about 3months i had a Blood Test my Gp told me i have Type 2 Diebt,s so i saw what it had did to Mum so i joinded the Gym and i do 29K Ride a day and a few weights no sugar at all no take away at all No chips Pizzia no take away food of any kind very few beer,s im feeling Great apart from the Pain you have to get Off your Bum and work it Off there is No Majic Pill Good Luck .?
  • Posted

Hiya smile i think atkins may be ideal for u, ya aint allowed no sugar stuff but it consists mostly of meat and cheese and eggs, no bread pasta or other starch foods but its idea if u not keen on veg
  • Posted

I put together a spreadsheet and everytime I ate something I recorded the Calories, water, protein, etc. After a few weeks I had a pretty comprehensive list. I found that I actually need fewer kcals than recommended. These days I make batches of homemade curry, chilli etc and freeze them in smallish portions. A couple of mins in the microwave + rice or salad or Naan makes for a quick and filling meal. Hope this helps. BTW eating well and exerciseI lost 4 stones!
  • Posted

Paul I want to start by acknowledging you for your honesty with your diet and that you are looking to improve your health by losing weight.

It will be obvious to say that by not eating fruits and vegetables your body is being denied its natural source of many nutrients that help your body function effectively.

However, as this does not seem like something you wish to pursue eating at this time I have a few alternative suggestions:

> when you wake up drink 2 glasses of water - first thing that goes into your body.

> also drink a glass of water 30 minutes before every main meal.

> food psychology - identify what is blocking you from eating fruits/vegetables? Is this something you can overcome gradually?

> can you substitute some of your snacks for simple nuts and seeds?

> meal ideas: (invest in a steamer if you don't have one) rice and steamed chicken, steamed fish.

> when do you have your biggest meal? Depending on what you are eating, this should be either breakfast or lunch.  You should be eating breakfast!

Hope this is of help and I wish you every success with your weight loss goal.

Rebecca smile

• Posted

I agree with kitty. Atkins might be the best choise for you. But don't start it without googling it first and read all the info you can get. And only after that, decide for yourself if that's what you want.
  • Posted

I thought I would give an update as to how things have been going since I created the post.

First thing is that I found the MSN health and fitness app on my phone, so I started logging everything I was eating. Entered my profile and set the target to keep the same weight. In reality my target was to ray and keep below that most of the time.

so I've been on course with having an average about 400 calories below the target. I still have treats every night, like a couple of chocolate biscuits with my evening cup of tea. Still not eating healthy, but the same food in less quantity. Eating between meals has been cut out other than the supper biscuits.

There has also been one meal which exceeded my daily calorie count on its own. I've found this to be a good way to work as when you try and stick very tight to something like a deist it's harder to keep going.

so how have I done?

well since I started I've lost 12kg as of last Sunday which is about 27 lbs, so nearly 2 stone.

with the way I've been going I'm more than happy to carry on. My belt is already at its tightest hole, lol.

i know this will not work for everyone, but at least it shows it can be done and cost nothing.

• Posted

I'm so glad to hear it's going great for you! Keep up the good work!
  • Posted

Thanks Jes

I've now hit the 17KG weight loss just plodding along doing the same thing.

My long term goal is to get to 25KG which will stick me in the healthy range for my BMI.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.