Weight loss with fasting

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have started a 23 hour fasting diet and now on my third day. I eat one good healthy meal a day at 6pm.

I drink water throughout the day, walk twice daily, approx 2 hours, don't feel hungry and I feel good.

I do take medications for high BP including Doxazosin 8mg.

I put on 28 pounds in weight since taking Doxazosin a year ago. This is one of the side-effects of taking this drug as I discovered!

I also understand it's possible to lower BP by fasting.

I want to keep the weight off once lost by keeping up with fasting - say maybe once a week if I can.

Has anyone had success losing weight fasting?

Pat

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

in my opinion it is not the losing of the wgt which is the hard part - it is keep ing it off once you have lost it - so in my opinion you need to follow some kind of eating and exercise regime that will achieve this - if you feel that fasting is the way forward and you can sustain this style of eating long term then so be it however if this is just quick fix to help you lose wgt quickly then I would say you need to formulate a plan that will stand you in good stead long term so that once you have lost the wgt you an go on to maintain it

• Posted

Bandid. Yes, you are right, thank you for your help.

I am determined to have a go,

This is my forth day, no problem so far.

I feel so uncomfortable carrying the excess weight.

It's the medication that's causing my problem, this I hope to stop one day soon.

As I am Gluten and dairy intolerant, I find it easy to walk past bad foods in shops and supermarkets I have no vices and hate fried ups and love walking.

Wish me luck!

• Posted

yes good luck and hope you succeed in your wgt loss quest and maintaining a healthy wgt thereafter along with a health llifestyle, diet etc

• Posted

Hello Moderator.

I am sorry to ask but could you please tell me why you felt the need to delete two replies to my simple question??

• Posted

I have had alot of success fasting, although i fast for spiritual reasons the mentality is the same and so are the results. When i fast i lost about a stone, over time, but because of my medication i do not lose weight as much as i would like. Just take your time, and be progressive in your fasting. I mean work with what you have and do not go overboard, but take your time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.