Weight problem

Posted , 5 users are following.

i recently was feeling better i usually weigh 155-160 and had lost weight the mono all the way to 137. I slowly gained it back to 145 and was progressing then all of a sudden this week i am back down to 137 i don't understand. I eat all i can possibly stomach without throwing up non stop good foods healthy foods vitamins minerals herbs and yet im still just slowly withering away i cant handle it.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was told by my doctor the initial weight loss was my body fighting against the virus.....I've levelled out over the last 10 months but I do have little dips down in weight and then I regain it. So for me it's just my body fighting the virus and using the fat for energy....so try to see it as a positive. Not sure about pounds but lost nearly a stone and a half since I first got I'll......good news for me as I was just slightly over weight on the BMI scale.....now I'm in the recommended range.

• Posted

well i am 5'9" and was in very good shape and my weight was perfect for my body and now i just look like i never eat im starting to feel weaker and it honestly scares the mess out of me. My whole life the only way i could gain any weight is workout and get more muscle which is not an option right now as you know but being down 20 pounds as small as i am is a bigger problem for me i guess. I just look at the scale and it makes me heart jump. I take all these vitamins and pills which i have never take medication much in my life because i have not ever been sick really especially seriously sick. I have never even had the flu. It seems like all the stuff i am doing to try to help is not helping at the moment .

• Posted

I FEEL THE SAME WAY.

i weigh everyday to monitor my weight. I was all muscle size 4/140lbs

now looking healthy but thin/120lbs

i cannot keep weight on! but seem to be able to keep it steady-

i got sick 8/2018

this has been a trip to hell- never been sick

my back legs muscles are so messed up

all i can do is minimal walking around house

and low impact light stretching

i walk up the stairs in house when i can to stimulate something

ebv is the devil i swear

this thing has me so nervous and its a struggle daily-

as far as diet;

you hear all sorts of things

no dairy

no eggs

feeds virus etc

but

i eat very clean and i will not cut out dairy

im a vegetarian i have to be cautious

i eat eggs 4/5 days wk

it helps me not to whither away

i eat fruits/veggies/salads/raw fresh pressed juices all day

vitC-D/& a multiVIT

looking into some herbs too -but prefer whole food supplimentation

i actually bake a sweet potatoe or russet (organic) every night for dinner

load the butter/olive on

your body needs that fat/cholestral

i also pour organic heavy whip cream on fruit sometimes just to keep my weight steady

i eat whole fat plain yogurt

as well as kefir plain

no sugar***

i cut out refined sugar/white flours/pastas breads fried foods

corn gluten

you name it

im pretty much grain free

except steel cut oats/and a slice of Ezekial brand bread-sprouted complete protein*

load that with butter too*

i also make carrot juice daily

celery juice

beet ginger apple

fresh orange juice too

wheatgrass shot too

broken up throughout the day

i was in terrible pain yesterday

drank my ginger-bam killed my pain-the wheatgrass curbs pain to

im trying blast this TERRIBLE virus out!!!!!!!

the juicing also helps my energy

raw juices go into your bloodstream quickly

power pack of nutrients for your body^*

not sure if its working

but over time hopefully keeping system clean will give my body every chance to make this virus go dormant -!

good luck and healing blessings to you all.....im at 6mos now

brutal/brutal/& brutal!

• Posted

Ugh me too. I am much better not really sick anymore physically but I lost 10lbs and can't gain it back. I'm starting back at the gym tomorrow after 3 months off. I got mono around the end of Nov 2018. Mono left me with ptsd/anxiety/depression and I am now a month into therapy. So that has made me eat less than I used to.

• Posted

Hi Josh,

Sorry to hear that your weight has been fluctuating again, that must be frustrating after having put a bit of weight back on. I think it can be normal this kind of thing weight going up and down a bit during the virus, your body takes such a battering with this thing, and this combined with the worry and stress of it all can definitely cause weight loss, and things like any extra sweating, low grade fever, etc.

It's always wise to check in with the doctor and to keep monitoring things Josh regarding this. I know weight loss during illness can be distressing, but often it is just a normal thing and nothing to worry about and your body finds its state of balance again as it starts to recover. During a period of worry and stress in my life I went down from about just under 12 stone to about 10 stone and have stayed stable and healthy at that 10 stone since really thanks to God.

But of course always a good idea to discuss any worries / concerns with the doctor, and hoping they can offer some good advice / reassurance / support. Hang in there Josh, things do get better with this thing - what you're going through now is the worst stage by the sounds of it and things do improve with time.

Craig

• Posted

You know the weirdest thing is i do not think i have had a fever since the first 3 days i was sick. My temperature has actually been between 97-98 the entire time. I am not sure if that is normal or not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.