Weight won't come off 6 months after stopping Mirtazapine. Help :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 29 y/o guy and was on Mirt for around 8 months for a bout of anxiety and depression (the last 2 months I was coming off them). They helped me out of the hole I was in but during that time I gained around 15 kg (33 lbs). I am very active running most days and playing sport 3 days a week so this was a horrible thing to happen. I came off the Mirt because of the weight gain and found I felt much better off them anyway.

I have been off them for around 6 months and have not lost any of the weight I gained.

I have been more active since coming off and eating well and have even cut out alcohol for the last month and still no weight has come off.

Please help

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Did you eventually lose the weight?

Do I just need to give my body more time to get back to normal?

This is really f*****g disheartening, any advice is very much appreciated.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.