Weightloss Buddy West London

Posted , 9 users are following.

Im starting Orlistat on Monday, 08/06/2015, I tired lots of different diets and lost alot of weight but always seem to put the weight back on. Im truing something different now and using Orlistat along with healthy eating and working out rather that the quick fix milkshake diets I have done in the past. Im not use to this so im looking for some to accompany me on my weightloss journey, Someone who I can suppose as well as receive support on a dailt basis.

If your interested let me know!

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh great!!!

So we all need to lose around the same amount. So we can do it. I joined a Watsapp group, if your interested in going, pm me your number.

• Posted

My number is 07983346662

taken the first one at least no nasty side effects yet although a bit over hopeful!

• Posted

07846041825. Hope it went well for everybody starting today
  • Posted

Hi all. So far so good. I have never looked at food labels as much as I have today! Day 1 done, for some of us. Let's keep going. We CAN do this together!
  • Posted

hi i stgarted orlistat 4 weeks ago and have recently been weighed i have lost 16 pound they are brilliant 
    • Posted

Hey, so what have you been doing cause 16lbs is great. Would you like to join the whatsapp group. If so please send your number
  • Posted

Hi,

Just read your post as I am starting with Xenical on Monday.  How are you getting on with it.  Having nightmares abot the side effects and it would be great to chat with someone who is using to get tips on meals etc and just support from someone going on the same journey.

I have around 4.5 - 5 stomne to get rid of.  My other problem is I have a bad back so exercise is difficult, but a vicious circle - put weight on as can't exercise (walkin gis ok), need to lose the wiehgt so as not to aggrivate injury - exercise aggrivates back injury so weight stays on!

Any advise, tips etc would be greatly appreciated!!!

• Posted

Hi

Please don't panic about the side-effects.  The people who experience those are the ones who eat far too much fat -it's as simple as that!  It is possible to eat a fulfilling meal without eating lots of fat.  Just check the fat content of what you eat.  It's about re-educating yourself and your eating habits, being organised and having some good old fashioned will power!  Give some thought to your lifestyle, work, home life, other committments and ensure you have always got something with you that you can eat if you're likely to be too late home to cook, out for the day, busy with work, fancy a snack.  Ainsley's cous cous, that you just add water to, is quite filling, can be eaten hot or cold, so is ideal to put in a small container and pop into your bag with a spoon.  It's very, very low in fat and will tide you over until meal time.  As I said in my first post - you have to be organised.

With regard to your back, do some research about power plates.  You literally just stand on them, albeit in various posistions, and they tone up your muscles beautifully.  You must check that it's okay to use with your back problem (I have a relative with MS and she uses one).

The biggest thing that made me succeed in losing weight with Orlistat was mentally being in the right place to do it.  If you've got things going on and cannot focus, you haven't a hope in hell.  I strongly believe that part of putting yourself in the right mental place is the planning and organisation side of it.  It helps you focus if you're organised, you're not leaving things to chance. In a nutshell:

1.  Plan your meals around your lifestyle.

2.  Be organised and make sure you always have something to hand that is low in fat.

3.  Have a positive attitude towards the diet.

4.  Make sure you're mentally prepared and able to undertake the diet.  Stresses will hinder your success.

5.  Most importantly - check the fat content of everything that goes in your mouth (8g per meal - and that's total fat, not saturated fat).  If it's fat free - eat it!

6.  Do what ever exercise you can that fits in with your lifestyle and health needs, whether it be walking, swimming etc.

I hope the above helps in some way.  The key point is really watching the fat.  For those who think they can eat whatever they like and the pill will do the rest are very mistasken.  You cannot expect your GP to prescribe a pill that's going to do the work for you - they're doctors, not miracle workers!  The responsibility to get the most out of what has been given is all yours.  These tablets DO work!

• Posted

Hi, 

Thanks for the advise, just been and collected the pills, so palnning it all out over the weekend and starting on Monday.

I had heard about the power plates, will do some research, as I beleive they are low impact, whcih is just what I need.

How have you got on with the pills, how is the weight loss going?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.