Weird Bump Inside

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a weird bump inside my stomach. It's directly above my belly button, right in the center of my abdomen, and just like an inch, if even, back. It doesn't hurt at all, ever...it's not as noticeable if I haven't eaten in a while, but if I've recently eaten and press on it it kind of squelches and "empties" (if I press on it again it doesn't do the same thing). I have no clue what it is, and every time I go to the doctor's I mean to ask but forget. I don't remember when it started, but if it helps I've had issues with eating that may or may not have included um regurgitation, my weight has fluctuated kind of a lot in the past five years, and I may forget to mention this every time I go to the doctor's office too (but the bump has never really changed...it's a little more cushioned when I weigh more but I haven't noticed any other changes). Don't ask why I forget to mention things so much, the second anyone speaks to me I (and this is not literal) black out and wake up when they've gone away and I'm allowed to go home. I also have a horrible memory. Anyways I have no clue what this thing is and think it'd be pretty cool to find out if anyone thinks they know what's going down in my ribcage.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think that asking what a lump in your stomach is on an online forum is not going to get you any answers that could possibly be anything but guesswork so just to make sure it's benign you def need to go and see your GP and make that the prime reason for your visit and write it down if you think you might forget.

It could be anything from fatty tissue which is very common and what mine is to a tumour that could need removing so until it is checked you want know.

Please get it looked at

• Posted

Slightly confused as you say its in the centre of your abdomen and then mention your ribcage. As Alexandria has said it could be a fatty lump or a tumour or a small hernia,which you can push back. Really the only way to find out is to see a doctor,who will probably be able to tell you straightaway.

• Posted

I meant central as in along the x axis...it's in the center, just raised up a bit so it's like right between my bottom set of ribs. But thank you anyways

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.