Weird bump under my skin somewhere above my jaw and next to my ear. Help me identify this please!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, this probably doesn't mean anything but I can't help but be concerned. There is this weird lump under my skin that feels hard when I touch it. It is located between my jaw and my ear. Not sure what the exact location is, but I provided an image of where it is located. It is under the tip of my index finger on the image. 

Like I said, it feels kind of hard and there's no other symptoms (that I know of) that seems to come from it. The only thing is that it kind of hurts if I press on it. I just noticed it today and it doesn't seem to be on the other side (right side).

If anyone could help me identify what this is, that would be great. Thank you!

Link to the image if needed: /. Apologies for the low res image.

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

that's just part of your jaw everyone has it or at least i do as well. if you feel around on your other side when moving/opening your jaw you will find the same lump maybe a little lower etc. if its sore its prob just from clenching your jaw, grinding teeth at night when sleeping etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.