Weird change in bowel movement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi smile

I'm a 20 year old female, and my stool is worrying me a bit. I must say first though that I've been having stomach and abdominal problems since I was 14 (gastritis, biliary sludge, trapped air, nearly constant nausea and regular abdominal pain).

I would normally have one bowel movement a day, but for like a a month now I've been going twice to three times a day. Also, my stools often look wet and shiny, like greasy or something, and they are slightly pale from time to time. Like not super pale but quite a bit. Other than that it looks normal.

For example, my brother woke me up at 8 today, and I felt the need to go, and it ended up being that pale color and of a greasy aspect. But then I went back to sleep and at 11am when I woke up, I needed to go again! But the color was normal.

My abdominal pains have been worse recently, I saw a gastroenterologist but he just said I simply have a sensitive belly and nothing more... he said I probably don't even have gastritis and my colon is causing me nausea or something but clearly that's not true as drinking juice for example gives me nausea. And he also said he wouldnt do anything about the sludge, like it shouldn't affect me even though I've already had a gallstone once. Anyway, he gave me Debridat for the pains, I haven't been taking it properly everyday but when i do take some, it doesnt work. Maby that could change my stool color though?

Do you have any ideas what all of this could be caused by??

Thanks in advance smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Stool color depends on what 

food we have taken. It also depends on color of medicine.

If you have no black stool or blood in stool,need not to worry about that.At the beginning of my diseases, I had felt like you. Now I'm ibs-d.

• Posted

I would ask for tests to eliminate possibilities.  Do you have pains all over your stomach that move about or is the pain in a specific area only?  The medication may not be working if you are not taking it every day. Your medication may need time to build up in your system to be effective.  It is possible that juice could be irritating your colon or your stomach.  Try a food diary toncheck for intolerances.
  • Posted

Hey, thanks a lot for your answers!

As for the gastritis, I'm definitely sure I've got it because I had a fibroscopy when I was 17 confirming it, also every single doctor I've ever seen since has said I have got one. When anyone touches my stomach it gives me intense nausea. And pressing on my abdomen gives me pain. And I got an ulcer a year ago because i took only 2 ibuprofen tablets in the space of 24h for period pain... like my doc said I'm not even allowed to take any anymore because of my gastritis.

Also i hope I won't have ibs in the future.... xD but thanks that reassured me, I definitely don't have any blood in my stool.

There also periods when I have diarrhoea so I thought it might be mild crohns disease?

As for the pain, it's usually located at the level of my belly button, and it often gives me back pain too, especially when it's located at the upper left/middle of my abdomen.

I asked that gastroenterologist for further tests like for food intolerance or something and he said I probably song have that because I don't eat lots of cheese (doesn't make any sense i know lol)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.