Weird dark stains on skin, need help please!

Posted , 2 users are following.

To whom may be reading this,

Some years ago I started to get these stains on my skin, at first they were barely noticiable but with time they grew and became darker but just in these past two months they've grown through the back and are starting to get to the neck and they're getting even more dark. I haven't been able to go see a doctor in this time due to Covid-19. If anyone can help me or give me some information on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks imageimageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Its a fungal infection called Tinea versicolor,or sometimes its called Pityriasis versicolor. Some people are prone to it but there doesnt seem to be a particular reason. Sometimes seems to be linked to sweat . Its not dangerous . You can try washing the affected area with a dandruff shampoo, rub in lightly and leave for a couple of minutes then wash off. Then apply a fungal cream like Clotrimazole . Do this daily. You can buy Clotrimazole cream . You may have to try several fungal shampoos and creams before it starts to improve, and if there is no improvement do see your doctor who can give you something stronger.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.