Weird Experience

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

Had a weird experience this morning and wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I have been diagnosed with vertigo in the past and it only seems to flare up once or twice a year. I only notice it if I move my head a certain way in bed - the room will spin.

I have had an experience of that recently but it went away. Well, I dog-train and compete with my dog and I've been teaching him to ride a skateboard. LOL. This morning I was practicing with him on a stretch of concrete that was covered with yellow leaves from the trees. I kept bending over (my dog is small) to give him treats, to move the skateboard around and soon, I felt dizzy. So I stood there and looked down at the yellow leaves and I felt the ground was shifting around. I also felt weak a bit sick. But it all stopped when I looked away. I came inside and looked down at the floor - no dizziness. For some reason, it seemed to do with the yellow leaves - whenever I looked down at them, the world tilted. Weird.

Anyone else had this happen?

Thanks, Sue

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue

I don't experience the same when it gets to colour but when I do get my dizzy spells everything moves, the ground looks like it's making circles around me.

A few months ago a doctor found a cyt on my brain and I don't know if that may be the cause of my dizziness, but the last time I felt like this I ended up in hospital for more then two weeks.

I suggest you have a MRI done just to be safe.

I hope this helps.

• Posted

have you been tested for Menieres?  I get problems with bending forwRd and looking down, but my symptoms that bring on dizziness etc are daily. Good news is if it is Menieres  there is medication for it. I suggest  you see GP and  ask him or her to send you to a Neuro Otologist and get tests for Menieres.  
  • Posted

I would suggest  that it is more to do with looking down then moving your head up quite quickly, I have found that when I do this the world spins and I have to find something to hold on to. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.