Weird Feeling almost every day for 3 years

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I want to discuss my strange feelings which I've had for 3 years now. It is difficult to tell how its started but the feeling is following - I feel a weird vibration/sensation feeling around my chest area which progresses to the head, includes dizziness and lightheadedness, sometimes it is followed by fainting (It happened 4 times when I completely fainted). I have this almost every day, did some tests and everything is fine except for hemoglobin and vitamin d (both pretty low). Different doctors are telling me different problems like one told me it might be anxiety (which I am not sure, I don't think I am so anxious I can faint (If I am at all), one told me It might because of the body rhythm and etc. 

Does anyone ever have the same problem? Do you have any idea what that might be or where should I search for the problem?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am sure sorry about your situation Ana. I am a 71year old male and have had similar symptoms for 20 years. The doctors all have different opinions and no on has taken it to serious till I blacked out in Sept and fractured my skull. I was given the Tilt Table Test and shows I have Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction. That doesn't help much because my doctors don't know anything about it and don't know where to start. I am a disabled US veteran and I have to get approval from VA to get anything done, which is another whole nightmare. Please don't stop pushing for answers, we need to be our own advocate.

I hope you get answers and some help. Doctors are quick to push off your needs if they don't know and most won't admit they are unaware.

Blessings, Ken

• Posted

get a full check for anemia if hemoglobin is low , also ask for a ecg and echo at the least to make sure heart function is normal , i dont think this is anxiety at all, if you faint it warrents investigation , defo get heart problems ruled out then push for a tilt table test and possible checks on hormones( glands) to rule out problems there.

• Posted

Search this entire site for Dysautonmia and POTS to read if other's symptoms are similar to yours.

• Posted

Ana,

I have been having similar symptoms since Dec 24, 2016 and see a syncope heart doctor and neurologist. I had 2 attacks at Cleveland Clinic and they were recorded on an EKG and Blood pressure monitor. I was diagnosed with autonomic nervous system disorder. I had to increase my salt intake change my diet but I still get these weird adrenaline surges that last for hours or days and if I do physical exertion I do not notice it as much but if I am sitting at work or home it drives me nuts. If I get anxious it leads to a syncope event and I pass out. I am 53 and wonder if this is how it will be from now on. I may go out on a disability I miss so much work. I may have a good week and then it hits hard and I feel terrible for days or weeks. Good luck and keep fighting for answers. Seems like autoimmune because of the flares and how they come and go. Debbie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.