Weird feeling in head for awhile now.

Posted , 4 users are following.

This one is going to be long, so sorry in advance.

So about a couple months ago I woke up and went to go eat breakfast and all of a sudden I my head started to feel weird and I got a brief blind spot in the corner of my left eye. I felt confused and I thought I was going to faint.

I went down to lie down for a bit and all of a sudden I started to get chills. This lasted for about an hour and then the symptoms subsided and I felt ok. I went to the eye doctor and they did a scan and said what I probably experienced was on Ocular Migraine and it wasn't anything to worry about.

So of course stupid me just writes it off as nothing. Few months pass and I experience the same thing on March 11th around 3pm , but this time without the blind spot or halo in the eye. Just weird feeling in my head, like something was off and I was about to lose control accompanied by almost a hypoglycemic feeling, ( I hadn't eaten since 10am that day ) followed by chills that lasted about an hour. I thought maybe since i hadn't eaten anything I was feeling shaky or weird so I had something to eat.

Ok I said, if this happens again I'm going to the doctors. The next day it happened again. I immediately made an appointement with my primary care doctor . We checked for Diabetes, Lyme Disease, Low Blood Sugar, Hypoglycemia, and all that stuff and everything came back fine on my blood work.

Doctor said it's anxiety but I don't really have much stress in my life at the moment and I do get anxious when I'm in a social setting but nothing like this. After this second episode I felt very disconnected and almost in a haze or heavy brain fog for a week or so.

When I went for a follow up visit on the 27th of March on my way to the Doctors office my head felt weird again like I was about to lose control or in the foggy state. I was scared to drive home but the feeling passed after awhile. When I told him about it he just brushes it off.

He did the all the typical neurological tests to see if my arm and leg strength were ok, following his fingers , standing up straight , walking in a straight line etc. Everything checked out.

Now when I wake up in the mornings my head feels weird again. And if I touch the top of my head it makes the feeling worse. Its just a very concerning thing. I don't know if it's anxiety and I'm not sure if this can be related to a gut issue as my stools have been loose and flat . Docs thinks i might have IBS . I'm being tested for Celiac and IBS.

He says I don't need to see a neurologist so I can't see one unless he gives me a clinical referral . I'm just worried its something more than anxiety because when I touch my head in feels worse. I don't get headaches but man when I get the feeling I feel confused and really weird.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had ocular migraines and dizziness at different times. Did the doctor give you any medications or recommend a therapist? Did you get your ears checked reference dizziness? Did you have an MRI or CT scan? Sounds like I had a lot more tests than you. I was a wreck and a hypochondriac. I did recover but the symptoms seemed so real and terrifying. My doctor felt sorry for me.

Trust me it will go away once you realize nothing is wrong and you get the proper medication.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I'm not really sure if it's ocular migraines since I'm not really getting any auras. It's mostly just a weird head feeling. Like I'm about to lose control and confused. I'ts not really a dizziness its like a slight faint, disconnected feeling, like something is about to go wrong. Is that what you felt with Ocular migraines?

I'm trying to get a neurologist but my insurance is being a pain in butt about it, so the wait is killing me. Everyday my head feels off and I'm sure thinking about it makes me anxious and that doesn't help.

My doc did give me a low dosage of Xanax to take the edge off and the symptoms seems to subside a bit when I'm on it . I'm not sure if its just masking it though.

The good news is I'm not getting headaches or other neurological signs that's its something more serious. Guess i'm just scared.

Thanks again for the reply

• Posted

Hi Johnny. I think you shd insist on further testing or else get a second opinion before the condition gets worse!! Everyone else will agree with me. Best wishes, harrishill.

• Posted

I have this feeling too. but I have it for weeks at a time. have you figured out what was wrong?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.