Weird feeling in left foot - very annoying

Posted , 11 users are following.

Evening all,

I was diagnosed with Fibromylgia in May after 4 months off work with what I thought was depression and then a very tiring and painful return to work, having to reduce my hours by more than half - only to be signed off again for the past month sad

Anyway, I had an appointment on Thursday which has rendered me immobile since, but since then I have had this really strange feeling in my left foot (most of my pain is on the left side, along with regular pins and needles in left hand and arm) but this new sensation - although painless - is really, really annoying.

I don't really know how to describe it. It feels like the sole of my foot (ball and arch) is pulsating? Or vibrating? I am absolutely shattered but laying in bed trying to sleep felt 10 times worse and I had to get up again

Has anybody else experienced this? It's only been a few days but it is driving me crazy

Many thanks for any advice 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I get that vibrating feeling into thigh sometimes. It is very annoying. My left foot has had a numb feelin no pins an needles an I can still feel ensation it but just really weird for about 3 weeks have you had that.
    • Posted

My left thigh always has a weird feeling, but different to the foot one. As Deb has said, seems like there are alot of weird and annoying feelings to get used to - Just nice to know I'm not going crazy and defo not alone.

Thanks for taking the time to respond 

• Posted

Nothing to worry about...  You may and probably will, not being negative here experience all sorts of crazy unusual sensations, pulsing, shimmering, vibrating, hot n cold to boiling hot and freezing, to numbness, shooting pains, aching, noring aches that become painful, anywhere and everywhere, sometimes in one or two limbs, or simply islolated in one spot, to sometimes full body episodes...Even Swelling of limbs, and oh the stiffness anywhere in the body. 

Hot pain, and cold pain.   Flare ups that get out of control to more manageable days.  Pacing yourself can help sometimes, other days nothing will help.  

Stress and Anxiety is a biggy...   Even over doing it visually can set the brain off the same as 'simply thinking to stressfull worrying'... It can trigger the brain to work against your body and all those wierd pains, aches, sensations, swelling, stiffness, to shimmering, and flu like symptoms AND the fatigue.  Have I left anything out..??? lol...   The key is to just let your body be.  Take the changing or manifesting of all those different physical aspects and learn to go with the flow, and manage as best you can.  Get to know your body this way... It's like getting to know a new friend.  Don't argue with it, you can at times release the valve and yell and swear at it sometimes..  hahaha... But all in all, it's a myrid of different and complex ball of Skewed up Brain messages to area's of the body.

It's not lethal, it's not fatal...   It's just an annoying friend that can disrupt life and you learn to adapt to it's challenges...   Accept your limitations when they happen daily, weekly, Yearly.. and learn not to abuse the 'Remission Days, weeks, months, Hour/s'... I'm am lucky to get anything from an hour to 5 hours remission in 6 - 8 months.  But I'm a fully compromised case from head to toe after a serious MVA (car accident)....  17 yrs with this 'Friend, Fibro'.. Loathed it with a passion, but learnt to befriend it...  Life is what you make it...  with the ups and downs of it...  

Key advice 'Don't read to much into your symptoms, and stress over it.. it's nothing to worry about...just learn to befriend it and work with it as best you can and know your not the only one, you have many Fibro buddies!   :-)) (fellow sufferers)... 

• Posted

Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease. It's good to know that I'm not alone (although I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy) and I guess I just need to be prepared for the next weird sensation to hit me lol.

Thanks again 

• Posted

Hi deb, my name is Alex, I have been on this site a few times and always read the posts on here. I read your response to somebody and just felt how positive you seem and how you manage to do that?? I think I have read on here that you dont take any medication?? is that right? I'm sorry if I am bombarding you but I am really struggling to deal with this diagnosis. (diagnosed in Jan this year) but reumatologist said he thought I had had it for ten+ years!! My partner finds it hard to deal with as well, as over the past year or so I have been so unactive I cant keep the house how I used to and would like to , I have OCD which makes this fibro so very very hard to deal with as it drives me mad to see my lovely clean and tidy house fall under par so to say. How do you cope with all these things that must affect all who have fibromyalgia

Big hugs to all who feel good and bad today.

Kind regards to you deb. 

• Posted

i have that feeling to and most of us do i can no longer move my left foot in any direction its also annoying cause its normally my left foot that wake me up with pain then it seems to trigger everything else of if you dont mind me asking how does it effect you on a dayly basis
    • Posted

Hi Derek, think it started due to overdoing it, as after four days rest doesn't feel as bad. (still there but not as annoying) I need to go out in a few hours so will be keeping an eye on it. 
  • Posted

Hi I am going through the same at the moment, It is driving me mad one of many sympoms you get with fibro unfortuanatly. symptoms vary in how long they last it may last a couple of days or it may come go in a day.not a lot we can do unfortunatly. take care gentle hugs  
    • Posted

Thanks Kaz,

Things seem so much better with support from people who are going through the same thing x

• Posted

I agree  it helps you to know that other people are experiencing the same thing.Ive got numbness in my right foot today it feels weird also the joys of having fibro eh. take care gentle hugs xsmile
  • Posted

I can relate to that erykah, I have a damaged right ankle/leg due to a major accident so am used to odd and uncomfortable feelings in that leg and foot but recently I've had odd symptoms in my left foot, particularly near the toes exactly as you mention, a sort of pulsing or vibration.  As with yours, mine's not painful exactly just really annoying and irritating.  I did develop something called Morton's Neuroma in my left foot (in the pad of the ball of the foot, adjacent to a particular toe) which I was told was nerve damage probably caused by my putting unusual pressure on that foot because of the disability in the other leg.  I had a cortisone injection in the foot which was horrendously painful and only relieved the issues for a short time, so I decided not to have another one.  The only other option offered was surgery but a friend who had it done said the recovery was horrible and it didnt really help.  I was wondering if the vibratiion and tingling was due to the morton's neuroma, but maybe it's just yet another nasty trick of the fibro.
    • Posted

Hi Loxie, sorry to hear about the trouble you've been through - hope you get sorted soon. As Deb mentioned, the surgery may be worth considering

I think mine is just another unwanted gift from my fibro friend as I have rested up since last thursday and it is barely noticeable at the mo.(defo still there tho) 

I will keep an eye on it though because nerve problems worry me slightly as my nan had MS and my dad started showing signs of MS before he passed away, but was never diagnosed. 

I have to go out this afternoon so I will see if the vibrating gets worse again after.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and I hope you feel better soon. x 

• Posted

Loxie.... please please don't be frightened to have the surgery for your Mortens Nueroma!   You won't regret it...   Anything to do with the periferals has a heightened sensitivity, but honestly any surgery has it's uncomfortable aspect afterwards, with or without painkillers....  The after surgery is managed with a 'moon boot' and loads of wadding/padding for support and it's only a matter of approx 1 - 2 weeks before you can firmly put full wieght back on your foot.  Everyone heals at different rates and if your positive about getting better etc it goes along way to improving your mental over physical and healing.  

Those things don't go away, and they simply grow and can grow quite large and get nasty.  Imagine that growth taking up space where bone and ligaments are supposed to be...  you do begin to walk to compensate for the issue and it put extra stress on your joints and muscles.  It's not meant to be in there is it, so get rid is my best advice and opinion....   It is so worth it, before it's left to long and more damage occurs that surgery 'won't fix'...  I can tell you from the experiences of others who have gone through the Morten Nueroma surgery..   There are a lot more types of surgery's for other things that are way more painful.  Think about it, you don't 'have' to suffer a Morten Nueroma...  cheers and all the best... hugs

• Posted

Hi Deb, thank you for your reply.  I appreciate that in some people the surgery is very effective.  However I have several friends who have had it done and it's been a bit of a nightmare.  I particularly dont heal well, my immune system is already compromised and from a young age I don't fight infection very well.  I have a penicillin allergy and have a resistance to many of the other anti-b's especially the mycin groups.  I avoid surgery at any cost if possible as the last few surgeries have resulted in major infections and healing issues and in one case widespread necrotic tissue which became life threatening.  The major pain from the neuroma has subsided considerably and now I only get a sort of 'fizzing' akin to pins and needles, which I can live with.  If it does get painful again I'll look into another cortisone injection or similar.  

Thank you for your reasurring comments however, they are appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.