Weird Feeling in Limbs Accompanied with Diarrhea

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past 2 days, I keep getting this random feeling in my legs and arms, like a nervous feeling, or weakness.  I also have a regular BM in the morning but 30 minutes later, I have a very lose stool that burns. Anyone have anything similar or know what this could be? Maybe my body fighting off something?  Or maybe I ate something my stomach didn't like? I am fairly healthy otherwise, I exercise regularly, I am not over weight, and don't smoke.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking supplements or have you changed your diet?   Supplements can cause strange side effects.
    • Posted

No, I only take a multivitamin which I have taken every day for over a year. Nothing really changed in diet and get plenty of fiber from fruits and flax seed.  I did quit smoking my ecig with nicotine 3.5 weeks ago but figured the withdrawal symptoms would be over by now.
    • Posted

Did your loose bowel movements begin after introducting flaxseeds into your diet? The length of time you experience nicotine withdrawal symptoms may vary from person to person.  The strange nervous feeling in your arms and legs could be withdrawal symptoms.  The flaxseeds and nicotine withdrawal really stand out for me as possible causes of your symptoms.
    • Posted

Interesting. I can't tell you exactly when the flax seed started and it causing issues because I was sick for a while with a sinus infection.  But I will definitely try cutting the flax seed out and see if it improves. I get plenty of fiber without it anyway. Thanks!

• Posted

I still would like to know if anyone has had the same feelings in their limbs?  It feels cold almost, not numb but just a really exhausted feeling that comes and goes throughout the day. Another way to describe it would be a feeling of loss of circulation. And I sometimes can feel it in my collar bone area.  But no other symptoms, no redness or purple coloring, no varicose veins.
    • Posted

Have you spoken to your GP about this?  My problem is neuropathic pain in my hands and arms.  I get throbbing, stabbing pains, numbness and pins and needles.  My arms get tired out easily and have reduced muscle strength.  Ask your doctor about neuropathy.
    • Posted

I have not because it hasn't effected my life in a negative way yet.  I have noticed that I do not have this feeling when I am moving, walking, running, exercising.  Only when sitting or lying down and it's not 24/7.  It doesn't hurt, just feels cold when I know I'm not.

• Posted

Sometimes sitting for long periods can reduce circulation but when you are active, this improves it.  However, if you find that it starts worrying or bothering you, speak to your doctor. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.