Weird feeling mouth

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all.

2 months back I had symptoms of globus. Got diagnosed. Given advice and anxiety lessened. But I still have odd feeling back right of mouth next to tongue and sometimes on far back tongue (it seems to not to be painful. Just an awareness that something is there). Is this a normal symptom for globus. I've been to gp and she just gave me some lozenge things which burn my mouth a bit, help for 30 minutes then it comes right back. My question is, is this normal? Has anybody else had this with globus?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes Red, I've had it. The un-educated way I see it is you get stressed then tense then the neck and throat muscles tense putting a bit o pressure feeling on your throat. You get worried and think about it making the brain think it must be more serious than it is so sending more messages to stay tense. My non-medical advice is try your hardest to ignore it. Anytime you think about it immediately but gently think about what you are doing in the present Oh, and a little tip, try n avoid milk or mucousy stuff while your throat is feeling funny. Good luck

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear you’re going through this. Mine started back in September. Saw my primary care a couple times. Recommended an upper endoscopy. Came back completely normal. Went to see an ENT and he did a nasal scope and said everything was normal, but most of the time, it can be fixed with dietary restrictions. He said to give up caffeine and dairy. That brings me to now. I’m kind of doing a controlled experiment and only giving up dairy. It’s been about 3 weeks and it feels a lot better. So hopefully I won’t have to give up my coffee. 😃 hope this helped.

Kim

• Posted

Thank you for your replies.

The anxiety sucks and I guess it does go away when I'm super busy and not thinking about it. I get all worked up when I look into my mouth too. Cos it feels like something is there. I get worried about my tonsils too cos they're quite large and one has a tiny white spot on it that's been there for months. The doctor didn't mention the white spot when they looked but my mind is always thinking about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.