Weird Feeling Today

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ladies, I had the strangest thing happen at work today. A new symptom and curious if any of you have very experienced it. I was sitting at my desk when suddenly my thighs started to tingle and I had a cold crawly feeling all in my thighs. I felt like they were going numb but it wasn't so much a numbness as it was just a tingly creepy crawly feeling. It lasted about 10 mins and then I felt like a headache was coming on. Then it went away! Then I just felt cold and had to put a sweater on for a few hours until I warmed up again.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi nancy

yes had that on and off, creepy crawling sensation, it is a peri thing, and many women have it due to fluctuating hormones .. Weird isnt it ..

if you google creepy crawly skin and menopause it will explain all

take care 

jay x

• Posted

Jayneejay,

Definitely weird, especially just having a chill all over where everyone else in my office was hot lol. I know my family doctor said hormone changes can really screw a woman up lol...he wasn't kidding smile

• Posted

Hi Nancy, I'm 49 and I'm having LOTS of symptoms right now but I've been having the creepy crawly and tingling feelings in my legs and arms off and on for a couple of years. It's definitely hormonal. I also have lots of cold/goose bump shivery feelings, 'adrenalin surges' through my stomach and body and more anxiety and depression than I can handle at the moment. But definitely lots of hot and cold, crawling and tingling skin sensations.
    • Posted

Thanks Ruthie....so glad I found this forum. It has definitely saved my sanity and keeps me from calling emergency every time I feel a new symptom!
  • Posted

yes, happens to me all the time...I had numbness and tingling and crawling on the skin feeling for six months straight and thought I was dying....tons of docs later and nothing was found...bothers me to this day that I don't know what it was
    • Posted

Dane,

I still don't think doctors get it or really understand what hormone changes do to a woman smile

• Posted

hello nancy, i have symptoms like yours at times, I get the tingling all over, even my lips tingle and the coldness.  Its must be as the other posts have said our hormones.  I worried myself silly when i first had them put now i know they wont last and just get through it .  Sending you a warm hug x
    • Posted

Thank you anxiousface, God bless this forum huh? Imagine how all of us would feel like we were dying or going insane without all the helpful information we get on here. It has been a Godsend! Have a good day dear!
    • Posted

Hi Nancy

I have had these creepy crawling feelings and it feels like my nose is going numb too I am 39 years and just about to start my 2nd month of hrt, I hate when you have a hot flush then a freezing cold one after, they many symptoms ive had so far just drive me insane but I am so glad I found this site big hugs to all of you who needs one today xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.