Weird Feelings

Posted , 6 users are following.

I woke up feeling like I was coming down with the flu this morning. I felt weak,shaky, and my legs felt like jelly. I felt woosy. It was weird. It is starting to dissipate now but I still get a weird feeling that looms over me every now and again. Anyone ever feel like this?

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I had jelly legs real bad dear just yesterday scared the beetle juice out of me.  It's a peri symptom I read.  My period came the next day so must be a hormone freaking out time thingy.  I hardly have any blood left so hormones were really jumping mad I guess.  haha. xo
    • Posted

Yeah I think I am close to the end of all of this. My pms symptoms are worse every month and my peri symptoms are constantly changing. I will certainly be glad when it is. This is one ride I can't wait to get off of. Lol!
  • Posted

Sorry you are not feeling good. I have felt like my legs are like jelly at times yes it is scary are you on HRT maybe that could be making you feel worse Are you taking to much vit b6 that could have an effect on shakiness weak and not feeling good 

Hang in there and just get some rest

• Posted

You should cut back because I did hear that vit b6 in large dosages or extra can cause nerve problems like more anxieties and shakiness like you had

• Posted

Yes i often feel like this, like i have a virus or something but nothing ever develops. It comes & goes but at the moment daily sad

Its a horrible feeling but excactly the same as you, weak, shaky, legs like jelly & woosy.

Hope it passes very soon. x x

• Posted

I recognise this, the 'flu' never appears but I do get what I describe as internal goosebumps, can be whole or part body - not a horrible sensation, just weird!
  • Posted

Yeah, I got that before my period or around my period when I entered peri-menopause.  Be sure to get your levels checked Vitamin D, Thyroid and female hormones.  It's not unusual to have all of those start to get wacky during peri even though you're still having a period.  xo  Kim
  • Posted

Yeah I got like this before my last period, but I used to get those symptoms every month, generally the day before coming on.

Agree with the advice re: watching the Vit B dose. I've only used it once before, stand alone, to help it PMS, but stopped almost after the first dose as it made me feel overly sensitive and shaky.

Just of to be careful with doses.

I'll stick to my Menopace.

Sx

• Posted

Aha, Menopace - what is it, aside from my saviour?!

I decided to start the New Year by trying to do something to help myself with my really bad aching joints and maybe lift my mood.  Had a look in all the normal chemists and found Menopace Original. I'd seen their products for donkey's years: mens health, pre-pregnancy, well women and of course good ol' Menopause care!

Why did I choose it: well in just one pill per day it had Vit B, Vit 12, Vit D, Calcium, Magnesium.....all the vits/mins I had read about ,that I recognised may help me. Plus they were on a '3for2' offer in Superdrugcheesygrin!! (in UK)

I hate taking any medication, always have. Only really tried Vit B6 about 10yr ago for PMT, but got sensitive/shaky. 

I'd gone to my Nurse Pract'r in Oct  to talk about HRT etc......came out with a 'script for Antidepressants!!  Silly cow, I should have dropped the humour as she only heard me 'joke' about having a few tears during an episode of 'Dont' tell the Bride'!! 

Anyway, the 'script got binned, but tell a lie, she did send me for a blood test for Vit D levels (she must have heard me mention my aching joints afterall). Confess to not having been back to the Docs as I could have told them I'd be low in Vit D, Calcium etc (haven't drunk milk since I was 13: snotty nose probs).So...... I thought I may as well buy the stuff myself. 

I've been using it since 1st Jan and although I can't tell you when I actually noticed a difference, I'm thinking probably after a couple of weeks, and definitely after I'd finished a Period. 

My overall mood was much lighter, in fact at one point it felt like I'd had a 'Legal High' it was that good!  Also, the ache in my left shoulder that had travelled down to my left elbow was 100% better - and still is.

I've mentioned Menopace so much on this forum that I think ladies must suspect that I've got shares in the bloody Company!  But the truth is, I'm ecstatic at the results I've had with it, and I think I've always commented on how its benefitted me personally, hoping that it might do the same for others.

I really don't think I could be doing with taking daily doses of individual tablets:  1 a day suits me fine.  Some ladies on this site are amazingly knowledgeable about mins/vits/supplements that are good for us during this horrible time, but as much as I love the info, the reality is I really can't be doing with taking tablets all day - I'm just not that disciplined!

I had tried upping my Magnesium intake (just to the RDA, mind) but stopped when I felt 'gutty'. Re-introduced it this week and still felt a bit 'gutty' so will stop with that for the time being. 

I suppose I should also say that I am very, very fortunately never having had a major illness in my entire life, nor had the misfortune to have to take any form of medication for a chronic illness etc, hence my reluctance to take any meds unless I really need them.

Why not have a look on the Vitabiotics website (manuf. of Menopace), then you can decide whether they're for you. 

The long and the short of it:  I think they're helping me because I must have been so low in all of the mins/vits I'm getting now, so would obviously feel better since taking them.  Even if they're a plascebo, I'm still gunna take 'em!!lol

Let me know how you get on if you ever decide to give them a go!

Sx

• Posted

Thanks for the info. I have just purchased Maca Root supplements. I have heard that they work wonders. I just took my first dose, literally. I will see how that goes. Hopefully it will help me with my hormone imbalance and weight issues. I have just heard from some of the others that B6 can make you jittery and shaky if you take too much. I was taking 100mg plus whatever amount that was in my multivitamin. That was probably what was attributing to my shakiness episodes. I will lay off of those and see if it diminishes.
    • Posted

As usual, Shaz, you are a wealth of information!  I am already taking so many things (pill bottle rattler smile that I think I will print the ingredients and take to my NP.  It's so annoying taking so many pills!  LOL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.