Weird feelings in back

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

​Have any of you experienced having the feeling of a dull pain or pressure between your shoulder blades which extends to the arm on that side? I kept thinking that maybe it was pneumonia or a collapsed lung or something but I otherwise do not have any other symptoms. It's just weird. I felt this way part of yesterday and most of today. I also felt heaviness in my chest sometimes when I went to breathe. Anyone else ever have this and could this be yet another infamous peri symptom?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Who knows, the symptoms are endless and different in many cases

However, chest!  Doctor please check out asap

or A & E

realise that other things this could be a sign of are:-

Stroke, MI (heart attack) you can have mild ones too TIA's lung complications

Don't feel like your wasting peoples time GO hun

maybe nothing of course but GO! wink

• Posted

I agree with MrsMerm, go and have it checked out. Most

symptoms are benign and likely yours are too but anything chest etc especially if you're feeling short of breath and the other symptoms you mention, Iwould want to rule our heart issue and

pulmonary embolism if it were me, just as a precaution.

• Posted

Hi Yes

I have also been having the same feelings thought was may be pneumonia or even my heart lol HELPPP!!!!! before I loose it I can handle it & telling the doctor its just ok bits just a symptom of hormone inbalance. ( yeah helloooo gathered that and????? nothing so yeah any other ladies can help

• Posted

Hi Caroline, I have a bursa between my shoulder blades too, I also get tightness and swelling its been going on for a year, I had a chest xray and they apparently did not see anything,  but the heaviness in your chest is something that you should get checked but those darn hormone drops have so many symptoms that it could be associated with it, let us know. If you have chest pain I read where chewing 3 aspirns until you get to the e,r will be very helpful/ 
    • Posted

Yes went to ER and had EKG and bloods done, all ok. They ruled my chest pain out as acute heartburn. They gave me Pepcid and Maalox and gave me a prescription for famotidine. Told me to follow up with doctor in a few days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.