Weird fuzzy pressure, headaches

Posted , 2 users are following.

For about two or three weeks now, I've had a feeling of fuzzy pressure in my head. It doesn't tingle, but it feels like my skull is stuffed with cotton. It's almost akin to wearing a wrap-around headband that's just a little bit too tight. Sometimes it's light and other times it's heavy, but it's on and off throughout the day, and sometimes it develops into a headache later in the day.

I have severe anxiety, so of course my immediate thought was "brain tumor, you're going to die dude" and that's really not helping me. I've been cleared by doctors multiple times for digestive problems that felt very very real to me, so it's entirely possible this could be a similar, self-made issue. 

I keep my hair in a ponytail usually, and taking it out seems to alleviate the pressure a bit, the same with taking off my glasses that slightly press into my temples. I'm not sure if that is really fixing the problem or just making me feel like I've fixed it, but it's certainly doing something, to a degree. The same with straightening my back out when I'm on the computer, since I have to bend my neck downward to look at the screen properly.

Any ideas what this could be? I've had headaches on the regular all my life so getting them now is really no big deal, but with all the medical stuff I've been dealing with, I really want to make sure nothing is really wrong with me lest I stew in my own uncontrolled anxiety and make the "symptoms" worse than they otherwise would be.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I too have been experiencing a lot of pressure in my head, neck and behind my eyes since Wednesday. In fact on Wednesday i woke up dizzy and nearly toppled over. Felt dizzy a few more times since nthen but not as soon as I get up like that and not that bad. For me it is only relieved when I'm lying in bed or resting my neck against a rest with my back fairly straight too. No headache though at least most the time. It's really hard to describe the head feeling. Like I have full awareness of everything its just like there feels like there is a blanket over my brain or something. I haven't been to any doctor in many years so I'm planning on calling a doctor tomorrow once the weekend is over. I also have extreme anxiety that I'm pretty sure worsens the symptoms as well..hopefully we can both come to a conclusion as to what we might have. Have you had any stressful situations recently? I'm often seeing people suggest tension headaches and that might make sense if the feeling goes away when you change how you sit. Apparently stress can trigger them. 

• Posted

Sorry for the late reply, I've been missing Internet. I've been very stressed lately, as my health in general seems to be rapidly deteriorating. It's not so much a concentrated kind of stress as much as it is a globalized kind.

I have a bit of a habit of clenching my teeth so that probably contributes a bit, and as well I lean my head downward to stare at my computer/phone screen all day. It's probably a combination of stress and poor posture but my anxiety is always looking for a new way that we're speeding towards death.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.